Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

Very interesting. This is the third time I have found such a message, but Mozilla itself knows nothing about it. Even no candidate is anywhere published.
    Most of all, the first such message was posted already more then week ago, but still Mozilla doesn't know that they must publish new installers.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

You understand that the reason why we don't see a candidate is because none has been built yet?

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

5. guest

guest Guest

Mozilla Firefox ESR 68.0.2 Released (August 14, 2019)
    Release Notes
    Download (Download Firefox Extended Support Release in your language)

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

8. guest

guest Guest

Mozilla Firefox 69.0 Released (available via Internal Updater - 27.7 MB - 64-bit) (September 3, 2019)
    Release Notes
    Download (Choose which Firefox Browser to download in your language)

9. guest

guest Guest

Mozilla Firefox ESR 68.1.0 Released (September 3, 2019)
    Release Notes
    Download (Download Firefox Extended Support Release in your language)

10. guest

guest Guest

Nice: Firefox 69 now blocks cryptominers and tracking cookies by default
    September 3, 2019
    https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/201...cryptominers-and-tracking-cookies-by-default/

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Fx 69 Release Notes.

12. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I havent installed Firefox 69 yet but I tested it yesterday in a sandbox, I tested Firefox specifically to see what happened with userChrome.css (as I was aware that there were changes related to css in Firefox 69). What I found was that preference toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets was automatically set to true. So, I had to do nothing, as my userChrome.css worked automatically after doing the update.

I also found out that (I read), that if we create new profiles, preference toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets, must be created by the user as is not in about:config by default.

Bo

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Mine is false after updating to Fx69, however, I never tweaked userChrome.css so I expected it to be false.

14. itman

itman Registered Member

For me, the big FF69 improvement is you can now block video in addition to sound via Auto Play setting.

15. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

16. bo elam

Interesting, maybe mine will also be false after doing the "real" update (not in a sandbox). I ll be doing it later today to see what happens.

Bo

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Let us know! :thumb:

18. bo elam

I ll come back later. Whats good here about this new change, is that this new hoop (to maintain Firefox as you, the user, like it) that Mozilla is making us go through, is very small. No harm. :)

Bo

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes this is good. I found the setting here:

Options/Privacy and Security/Permissions/Autoplay

20. Special

Special Registered Member

You could always do that in the about:config settings, now they just has those options exposed for the 'casuals'.

21. bo elam

I already did the update, all went well. But I found 2 things related to userChrome.css that did not work out as I expected.

1. According to the Release notes, since I am currently using userChrome.css, preference toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets, was supposed to be created automatically (this happened) by the update, but also, according to the Release notes, I was gonna have to toggle it to true to make css work, this I didn't have to do. It was all done automatically and seamless by the update. This way, it worked better and was what I experienced last night when I tested Firefox 69 in a sandbox. 2. Just now, for testing I created a new profile to see if preference toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets was in about:config, and it was. It was set to false (as you had it). According to what I read last night, in new profiles, the preference was not gonna be in about:config by default. It would have to be created by the user. So, this also worked out differently than I expected........but, in the end, for the better, better usability.

Bo

22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

If you're happy with the change, sounds good to me! :)

23. bo elam

Delighted. In my book, any change that works out and takes place seamlessly is beautiful.

Bo

24. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Hi Bo, my understanding is that for those of us who already are using userChrome.css or userContent.css, the switch to true would be automatic. Those users who haven't been using either file would need to make the change.

BTW, the niggly white flashes for those who like dark backgrounds seems to have been fixed.

25. bo elam

Thats how it was for me. But thats not exactly what the Release notes say. Perhaps I understood the Release notes wrongly. This is what the notes said, "Users who wish to customize Firefox by using these files can set the toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets preference to true to restore this ability." that doesn't sound to me like the preference was going to be set to true automatically. I understood the quote as saying that the preference would be created but we the users would do the toggling to true for css to work. Anyway, I thought it worked out great the way it worked, I am not complaining. Greetings, Vasa.

Bo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.