Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.
This looks to be fixed with FF 58.0.1.
Edit: Scratch that. It is still happening.
Krusty, I performed the same test as described here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...-version-released.361562/page-74#post-2729124 and all 10 tabs opened simultaneously, displaying content with no hangs: Fx58.0.1. Just FYI.
Thanks @JRViejo .
Ironically, this thread failed to open when I seen the alert that you had quoted me. Maybe one of my security softs or extensions?
Mozilla Firefox 58.0.1: fix for Windows page-load issue
January 29, 2018
Mozilla Firefox 58.0.1 Released with Fix for Page Loading Bug on Windows
January 30, 2018
FWIW, my page load issue is worse on these forums than anywhere else I visit for some reason.
Perhaps, but I thought you eliminated that issue before, yes?
BTW, Wilders HTTPS page load is the fastest of all for me.
No, I've been putting up with it since the beginning, but...
I might have found the cause of the page not loading issue. I disabled the Norton Safe Web extension and all pages seem to load quicker and so far none have failed to load. I've also bumped the Web Content Processors up to 6 as this machine has 16 GB RAM so I might as well be using it.
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition 58.0.1 (web browser) Released (January 29, 2018) (PortableApps.com)
hi @JRViejo and @mood
well good to know but in the past i got some issue about portable version , it did delete my profile , i guess the portable version i have used was buggy
Still happening although not as often.
uninstall and you will have magic...
Restart FF in Safe Mode with all ext disabled.
Great advice as usual from you. Hey, K***3 - That's me, right?
I'm experiencing weird issue, after many hours of firefox running normally, suddenly it refuses to load any page whatever it is, whenever I try to refresh a page, or click a link from a page it gets stuck in an infinite loop of 'loading' icon and never loads any page, disabled all extension before closing, and it still won't load anything.. now I when I close its only window opened, it closes but does not get removed from memory thus, when I try to open it, it shows the message of something like "firefox is already open, you need to close it first..." and has a "close firefox" button when I click it, it closes and after opening again it works normally. This has only started to happen since the 58.0.1 update, no settings changed, no new extensions added.
I cannot easily re-produce this easily (even in safe mode), since I have noticed it only happens after several hours of Firefox running, and I need to use firefox with my extensions and settings for those hours.
Has any body else experienced this?
run windows in safe mode with network and try again...
FYI first beta of TMP WebX is available now
Nice (a screenshot is available in the below link)
Tab Mix Plus WebExtension Development Build is out
February 04, 2018
FYI. Schedule Update.
Mozilla Firefox v58.0.2 Released (February 07, 2018)
Download (Download Firefox in your language)
FYI. Available Via Internal Updater (7.0 MB - 64bit)
All day long I have been getting an strip from Mozilla that opens up under the address bar/tabs pushing a survey (below). It annoys me as I dont want to take part of it, it opens up a few minutes after starting Firefox every time you start Firefox. Does anyone knows how to stop this thing from opening?
Push Pull Survey, Q1 2018
I open and close the browser constantly all day long. I dont want to take the survey or enable scripts in an unknown site (I checked and the site is supposed to be from Mozilla) or open the browser out of the sandbox so the survey wont get pushed on me again.
Bo, according to the URL, the survey source is Heatbeat. Perhaps this will help:
Thanks J R. The closest preference to browser.selfsupport.url that I see on my about:config is browser.selfsupport.enabled. I am going to play with it and see what happens.
The link to Heartbeat also mentions this: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Shield/Heartbeat#Disabling_Heartbeat
FYI. I originally performed the browser.selfsupport.url tweak and never received a message after that!