Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, that's a cool tool I didn't know about; it even has preset levels with explanations in tool tips :thumb:

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

The best thing about it is one you've configured the settings to your liking you can disable the extension. No need for it to run all the time.

4. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

6. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I just downloaded both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Firefox 53 using the first link Brummelchen listed above; just copy the shortcut to 52.0.2 and change it to 53.0 to download either/both version(s).

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

If I want the latest release a little early I just get it from ftp.mozilla.org

8. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

And I'll just wait for the official release.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've been downloading from MajorGeeks since the beginning of their existence. Never had a problem. Firefox 53 running fine here, though I have had to go back to the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version has been crashing on me for a couple of versions now.

10. Brummelchen

same for me - loading from mozilla server (where all releases are put). the final 53.0 is same as 53.0 rc6. at least that server is delivering original content without any doubt.

the release notes and the security center is now ready, 53.0 is ready, 52.1 esr not ready

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Mozilla consistently makes Firefox releases available on their public FTP site early. I've not had a problem getting it from MajorGeeks either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

15. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

16. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thank you JR

17. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

18. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i have update to internal updater to 53
    may i know when firefox won't be compatibile with "old" the extension ? after v54?
    thanks

19. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

20. Cache

Cache Registered Member

21. Brummelchen

"legacy" means outdating. so older XUL- or jetpack-based extensions make firefox 53 not using e10s entirely, depends. v54-56 it may cause problems, more restrictions to older extensions. v57 complete cut off to legacy extensions.

on one side i expect v57 to have, on the other side i am using chromium for a while now - which was chosen to get a feeling what firefox 57 would like. there is absolutely no clue how far the new UI will become customizable - no one knows. personas as mini themes are 100% compatible - full featured themes not, they are dropped.

from my view - if you want to know how firefox 57 would be -> get chromium portable. they will share same (web-)extensions however mozilla will name it.

for your final question: multi-process = e10s -> http://arewee10syet.com/

round about 17% are compatible - thats not much, at least the current still supported extension may survive somehow if they can be ported to a webextension. concerning design extension i wont count on that. pity is much and people will cry rivers.

22. mantra

mantra Registered Member

23. Victek

Victek Registered Member

If you go to the extension's page, or the dev's personal site, there's often information about compatibility going forward. There's also an add-on called "Add-on Compatibility Report" which reports whether or not installed add-ons are compatible with "multi-process", aka e10s.

24. Cache

Cache Registered Member

Thanks Victek, that was very helpful. Just discovered that "Self Destructing Cookies" won't be making it into the new regime so I'll have to look for an alternative. Shame because it's one of my favourites.

25. Brummelchen

speaking with experience from opera/chromium you people should not think like in firefox. there exist no similar extension for chrome. i did same as firefox - dont allow specific cookies (any browser can deny special cookies) and clean up when shutting down. and keep only wanted.
    so i use "disable cookies" (simple way to allow/deny cookies without opening the cookie options in browser) and "vanilla cookie manager".

for firefox i currently use "cs_lite_mod" and "cookie culler" (signed build). still working. "disable cookies" and vanille are exactly the same for chrome.

it was announced that chrome, firefox and edge can use same webextension - i hope that was no dev joke. in fact it would male it really easy to share same settings without changing a little bit in browser. (export/import) current possible with ublock and umatrix - btw umatrix can prevent also cookies and more, but i dont use it - ublock is enough.

HTH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.