Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Firefox 45.0.1 available via Internal Updater.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Same here.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i have installed firefox 32bit 45.0.1
    and i got often this pop up , i have noticed few days ago
    "you want to receive notifications for this site"
    how can i turn off & on ?
    http://i.imgur.com/uBSqIYn.png
    thanks

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Notifications.

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi JRViejo ,always a super mentor (one of the best! )
    thanks really

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

mantra, sei molto gentile, prego! Take care.

8. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I found this link useful. With Firefox 45.0.1, I started getting asked if I want to share my location in some weather site. I certainly don't. Here is how you can turn off the permission for the page. The site still works fine doing it that way. There is also an about:config solution but that way the site don't work.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/geolocation/

Bo

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Does any one know how to fix FF's SSL_Error Protocol_Version_Alert and SEC_User_Unknown errors?

Nothing I've tried has worked! Its hilariously funny when FF refuses to connect to secure sites and lamely informs the user that's to protect their information.

The geniuses at Mozilla, in their infinite wisdom, decided to take the decision on whether to visit secure websites out of our hands and created an unusable browser.

Strange, because CF and WF work just fine without throwing up errors!

13. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

14. NormanF

Useless without fixes.

Why should the end user fix errors he has to google for and usually comes up short?

Its Mozilla's responsibility to produce a browser that works and if they can't, they deserve to go out of business.

Last thing I need or want is a crappy browser that can't surf the web.

15. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Without hyperventilating, I think there possibly is something wrong at Mozilla's end. Too many people are reporting this issue on https sites that need logins and passwords. I see this error with Fx 46 beta. I'm assuming most of the reports come from users of Fx 45.

16. NormanF

Yup. But it doesn't seem to affect Cyberfox/Waterfox. I even tried copying the cert database in CF, which I know works, into FF and no luck. Apparently fixing a corrupted certificate store doesn't resolve the issue. And on my Mac PPC, TenFourFox runs with no issues.

It should be added that in the past, if you couldn't connect to an untrusted secure site, FF let you connect by storing it as an exception. Now that's been taken away and you cannot connect to an untrusted secure site, period.

17. TheWindBringeth

Comfortable telling us one of the sites where you see it?

18. NormanF

I've seen it on Google & Yahoo secure websites.

It throws up a SEC_USER_UNKNOWN error apparently because FF thinks that the root certificate is fraudulent and refuses to connect to protect user information. Says the site is improperly configured and you need to contact site owner about the issue.

But any https: site will be blocked and what's maddening is FF doesn't tell users how to get a genuine root certificate - if they knew what it was or where to get one.

The other error I've seen is SSL_ERROR_PROTOCOL_ALERT where FF thinks the ssl doesn't match the cypher sign and refuses the connection because it doesn't like what it sees on the other end.

19. TheWindBringeth

I get no hits for SEC_USER_UNKNOWN. Do you mean SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER? If it happens at multiple sites, and at times Google & Yahoo, I'd suspect there is something intercepting your traffic. Running an HTTPS intercepting AV or other software?

20. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

It's www.bharatbank.com. Once the page loads, I click on "Internet Banking" . I'm then required to login with username and password and a sort of captcha. I tried to log on day before yesterday.

I've not had the problem of Firefox reporting that site as insecure before (~1.5 years). I immediately opened it with Chrome and got my work done without any warning from Chrome at all. (My Chrome is totally default; no extensions.)

Then, I visited the forums at mozillazine.org and found a thread that seemed to be related. I haven't gone back to that site with Firefox again but will do so the next time I need to. I'm sure whatever it is will have gone away or be fixed by then :)

21. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Do one of you perhaps use Calomel SSL and have enabled cipher restrictions?(or another addon/manually disabling ciphers?)

www.bharatbank.com is an odd case (https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=connect.bharatbank.com&s=182.74.93.133)
    It doesn't have any glaring security issues that could block it, but the combination of ciphersuites offered isn't the best if compatibility with lots of clients is wanted.
    The handshake simulation also shows a lot of failures, with clients failing that do have compatible ciphers.

Regarding Firefox reporting as insecure and Chrome not, it might be because Chrome has completely removed OCSP from the browser.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  22. TheWindBringeth

Apple ATS 9/IOS 9: no cipher overlap, the rest: no protocol overlap (?)

23. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

No I don't do anything special. It just stopped working. I haven't tried again. But I will do so in a few days.

24. TheWindBringeth

Make sure to carefully identify the actual server if/when there is a problem. One of the frustrating things is that different paths into/through a site, outdated links, different browsers, different client location, load balancing, different types of accounts, etc could conceivably lead to a different server (that isn't configured the same as others).

25. NormanF

Point is when I install software, I expect it to work. I have no interest in workarounds.

If Mozilla doesn't want to deliver a functioning browser, their market share will decline.

That comes on top of what they did to their former CEO Brandon Eich.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.