Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Thanks, 43x64 just arrived via internal update.
    Thanks, JRViejo

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

x64 for Windows! At last!

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I've been using the 64-bit version since FF42, although the download link wasn't readily available.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Well, I knew I'd live long enough to see an official x64 release lol. I did run Waterfox a few years ago.

6. haakon

haakon Guest

In this 43.0 release, Mozilla's Safe Browsing adds three objects (mozstd-track-digest256.cache .pset & .sbstore) to the local store for Disconect.me strict protection versus the basic protection. The option for selecting or disabling either is in Options > Privacy.

7. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Any Windows XP Professional SP3, 32 bit users that care to share their experience with Firefox 43? I am currently using Firefox 38.0.5 and having no problems but I am thinking of updating to the new version. Any recommendations or suggestions? As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

9. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi John, I upgraded Firefox in my XP last night, all is well with version 43. I haven't had any kind of issue using Firefox in my XP (or W7) in a very long time. You should upgrade. I streamed the Hawks basketball game and followed up on the Pacers, watched videos in YouTube, things couldnt be any better.

I use very few addonsl. In my XP, the only plugin that I install is Flash and only use 4 extensions. No Av or security products other than Sandboxie. Keeping things lite helps as I avoid conflicts. You should be fine as long as you are not loaded with security programs or addons that might conflict with each other.

Bo

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. By the way I'm guessing you meant 43.0.1 and not 42.0.1.....?

13. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

I thought Mozilla were dropping the ad tiles in Firefox? Just updated with the internal updater to 43.0.1 & got the new tab page with the all the ad tiles despite the fact I have the New Tab Override extension installed have that set to about:blank

14. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

43.0.1, briefly saw tile for Pocket. I have "Include suggested sites" un-tick. No ad tiles yet.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  15. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

16. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Allow me to ask this, does using NoScript, negate the need for Adblock Plus, and etc.s? Thank you!

17. bo elam

Not at all. With NoScript you block scripts, with Adblock plus, you block ads. Let me give you an example, in YouTube, even if you only allow the necessary scripts to view videos, you still get ads and annotations in the videos. To me, this is very annoying. But by using Adblock plus, I completely clean up videos of this ads and annotations. It works the same on other sites. I use both addons and they work great together, IMO.

Bo

18. ratchet

Sooooo, I re-enable AbP and I thank you!
    On another note, despite upgrading from x64 W7 SP1 to W10 five months ago, since v1511 W10, I get bombarded with this giant blue popup box (it is even part of the name of the file if you download it) prompting me to upgrade. This happens starting a Firefox (always the latest v) session, loading homepage MSN and after a CC disk cleanup, so I know it is something I'm removing from the Firefox choices. I've tried numerous solutions to no avail, including de-selecting many cleaning options and blocking methods. It never happens using Edge. I believe I've found the bugger with NoScript and am blocking it. Time will tell!

19. bo elam

Hi Ratchet, by using NoScript and Adblock plus, I rarely get any pop ups. I get maybe one or two pop ups a year, if any. And the only time that happens is when downloading something from some site (like Rapidshare but not Rapidshare) and you have to allow an script that allows the download but also makes the pop up possible.

Bo

20. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

thats reason for uBlock - it can block scripts by content. (example)
    Code:
    wetteronline.de##script:contains(ligatus)
    but it will be tricky to block ads when a script contain needed site scripts and ads.
    the ublock picker is not enough for that, some need to examine the object or -> Inspector ctrl+shift+c

21. SouthPark

SouthPark Registered Member

I found that adding this custom rule to ABP or UBO stops the annoying popup:
    Code:
    www.msn.com##.popup.win10promo.promobanner

22. idaho

idaho Registered Member

Thank you for update, I use Chrome most of time, but going replace my 32bit instaled, for new 64bit.

23. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

24. ratchet

Thank you SouthPark! I replied to you in the other forum.

25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Firefox 43.0.2 released December 22, 2015. Available via Internal Updater.

No Release Notes @ time of post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.