New features in Acronis True Image 11 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Backup

* Try&Decide Create a temporary, safe place on your hard disk where you can perform changes to your system that otherwise might not be advisable, such as installing new software, downloading files from the Internet, or opening e-mail attachments. If the operations are successful, you can apply those changes to the real system or discard the changes as you wish.
    * Exclude Files and Folders from Image Backup Save space when creating backups by ensuring that you are not backing up the information you don?t want to keep
    * Backup your system state Registry, boot files, as well as important system files from system crashes
    * Automatic catalog of all your backups Easily locate your archives as system automatically remembers their placement
    * Raw Images support for other partitions and corrupted file systems

Recovery

* Message-level Outlook restore Quickly locate and recover your important messages from mail backup
    * Search and explore archives Easily search for and recover particular files from all your known backup archives
    * Preserve files and folders during restore Make sure your newly entered important data would not be overwritten by recovering from older backup

Management

* Set and forget Configure it once and you do not have to care about your backups as long as traffic light indicator shows green
    * Smart Scheduling Start backup on user idle, login/logout or other events: Automatically protect your system from potentially hazardous changes
    * Schedule periodic backup validation Ensure that your backups do not get corrupted, so restore would actually work

Privacy protection

* Acronis Drive Cleanser Protect your sensitive data when you are discarding a hard drive or returning leased system by securely easing the whole hard drive
    * File Shredder Wipe private or confidential data in individual files using latest multi-pass algorithms
    * System Clean-Up Protect your privacy by cleaning up your activity track stored by Windows

More information

The information about all the program features is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/features.html

The more detailed information about the whole product usage can be found in Acronis True Image 11 Home user guide available at http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage11_ug.en.pdf

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. hermanito

hermanito Registered Member

Does it mean that I can get TI 11 to make up with the fact that I could make back-ups, but no reliable back-ups? At least restoring has shown corrupt files. Than I bought Disk Director Suite. If anything can make their programm work it should be their Director Suite rogramm. No way. So tomorrow I am bringing my hd to a recovery-comany (cost between 500-1000 Euro), I ave lost 1 week (days and evenings and part of nights) of work and I have ordered a new laptop (2000 Euro). This software I will remeber all my life ...

3. scharf

scharf Registered Member

Does this mean, that I can now exclude files and directories from full backups?

Does this mean that there is finally a way to manage a "Backup Speicher"? (I wish I could get a English version with my German license). It is currently very hard to delete some of the cryptic files by hand if there is not enough free space left...

Does this mean, I can finally schedule a weekly task on system shutdown?

..and what happens if a backup *is* corrupt?

Michael

4. wenglish98027

wenglish98027 Registered Member

Does this mean it released? Musta blinked.

5. jamesv

jamesv Registered Member

What is the Acronis upgrade policy for recent purchases of TI 10?

Traditionally buyers who purchase within 30 days of a new release get the upgrade free. That way people can buy as they wish without having to hold off for the update to appear.

6. Vart

Vart Registered Member

Buyers, purchased ATI 10.0 Home within 30 days before release should receive e-mail with free upgrade.

7. DavidInNZ

DavidInNZ Registered Member

Is there a list of bugs fixed with this version?

david (who is still waiting for a response to a posting about unsuccessful backups)

8. Norge

Norge Registered Member

I purchased True Image Home 10.0 ten days ago, but I have not been offered a free upgrade to version 11. Actually, I received an e-mail from Acronis a few minutes ago saying that an upgrade is $30. I sure hope that's not the case.

9. Arthurj123

Arthurj123 Registered Member

Same here. Upgrade $30 from ATI 10 purchased a week ago.

10. desaubin

desaubin Registered Member

Does ATI 11 support Intel P35 restoration (non-safe mode)?

11. EHP

EHP Registered Member

Will this version also correct the Dell Latitude D630 issues people seem to be facing?

Thanks

12. hfhlt004

hfhlt004 Registered Member

This might be traditional, but what if I purchased from Amazon?
    I got the e-mail from Acronis advising me I could purchase the upgrade for $30, even though I purchased the boxed version Sept 1 and installed and registered it last week.

13. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Well, I just ordered another boxed version of ATI 10 from an online reseller also. I have yet to receive the product but I suspect, unfortunately, that there's a difference between buying direct from the Acronis (via their web site) and buying from a third party reseller. Below is a link to a post outlining the procedure for obtaining a free upgrade if you bought from the latter (this particular post applied to those seeking a free upgrade from ATI 9 to ATI 10).

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=864367&postcount=72

14. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you purchased V10 within the preceding 30 days prior to Sep 18 release date, Login in upper right corner of link below and complete an an online Acronis support ticket with proof of purchase date (invoice or email, etc). You will then be advised how to get your free update. You must initiate the first contact.

The key to receiving feedback from Acronis support is for the user to fill out an online support ticket available from the user registration page--which is where all upgrades originate. Login in upper right corner of link below.

https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/index.html.

acronis-login.gif
    ---------------------------------------------
    Register your new v11 serial number to qualify for future builds and downloads.

Many have found it is best to un-install v10 before installing V11. You will be asked to input your v10 serial number when installing the upgrade version.

Download version 11 user manual (10.5 MB pdf)
    http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage11_ug.en.pdf

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  15. holmes4

holmes4 Registered Member

When I purchased TI10 from Acronis in July the offer said I would get a free upgrade to version 11 when it was released. I hope Acronis doesn't renege on that.

16. dasym

dasym Registered Member

I purchased an upgrade to TI 10 in January and the receipt said I'd get free major product upgrades for a year. I've just received Acronis's email telling me I'm eligible for an upgrade to TI 11, so they do remember.

17. holmes4

holmes4 Registered Member

Yes, I did too just now.

18. The Sand

The Sand Registered Member

Thanks for this information - I purchased my TI 10 in July and didn't think I had a chance of upgrading without paying full price - wasn't even going to try. I definitely wil now...

Again, thanks for letting us know.

Sandy

19. lagerstedt

lagerstedt Registered Member

I repeat Desaubin's question two days ago. Does TI 11 work with Intel's chip P 35 or not? If it does not it is time to find an alternative to TI. Someone at Acronis should know. Now I use TI 9 and did not upgrade to TI 10 because of this problem. I am not going to wait for TI 12.

20. desaubin

desaubin Registered Member

I just tried ATI 11 and I can confirm it supports P35 flawless :D

21. Skutr

Skutr Registered Member

tHANKS FOR THE TIP - I have just submitted a support ticket as I purchased TI 9 on Sept 16 from the Acronis on-line store. Will let you know what (if anything) happens.

Skutr, Australia

22. clemo

clemo Registered Member

I sent Acronis Support an email with a copy of my receipt as per instructions below. I purchased TI10 on September 12, six days before TI11 was released and registerd the software on September 13. This was the reply I received.

"Please note Customers who have purchased Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Full Version/Upgrade in the 30 days period prior to the release of Acronis True Image 11 Home from Acronis Retail Stores are eligible for free upgrades.

However Acronis True Image 11 Home was released on 18 September, 2007.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."

I did not receive a link or key to an upgrade. The reply sounds like I'm not entitled to one, although I meet the criteria.

23. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Was the purchase from a bona fide Acronis authorized seller?
    Why not send another email asking for an explanation of why you did not qualify.

24. clemo

clemo Registered Member

Yes it was form a certified dealer listed on the Acronis web site. I sent an e-mail and am still waiting for a reply. Thought maybe there was something I was missing.

25. The Sand

The Sand Registered Member

They will get back to you. It took awhile for them to get back to me but they did. I am 60 days out and didn't get it. They sent me some form letter - so I replied back - they sent me another "form letter" so I replied back again. What I wrote made sense and they said they will submit my letter to their sales department.

Basically, what I said is anybody who purchased this product within 60 days can't be real happy right now. The people who bought within 30 day should get a free upgrade - and the people who bought within 6 months should get a discount (a BETTER discount than somebody who has been using the product for years.)

Wait for them to respond... and then keep replying back (respectfully so) until you are satisfied with the response.

Hang in there...

Sandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.