*New* F-Secure problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Simon6776, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have just re-licensed my FSIS 2007 for another year, but had to uninstall the old version, and re-install the new one, as the new one is OEM and the licenses are not compatible. However, since re-installing, at least once each time I start my PC, my connection gets blocked for a few seconds, and then I get a red X over my FSIS icon, which, when I hover the mouse over, says "Internet Shield: Malfunction". When I open FSIS, all seems to be OK, and there are no warnings, but nevertheless, I close and restart FSIS to get rid of the error, after which all is well. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing it? Windows Firewall is definitely switched off. There's nothing in the FSIS actions log that signifies anything amiss.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello Simon,
    i would surgest downloading the removal tool from this link
    ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/uitool3.zip
    then uninstall f-secure via add/remove programs,reboot.
    then run the f-secure removal tool that you downloaded.
    reboot and install a fresh copy.
    here is some more infomation about the removal tool in one of my old threads
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152255&highlight=f-secure removal
    i gave the link above since i belive the offical tool will always be better than an unoffical one.
    PS i no one bad mouth f-secure because i belive the beta sata raid driver from 2004 did cause some of the problems and wasnt f-secure's fault.
    also i like helping people:D
    lodore

3. Simon6776

Ah, so you have to uninstall it via Add / Remove first? I already have the removal tool (but thanks anyway), and just uninstalled it with that, thinking that would do it. I'll try it the way you suggested.

Thanks, Lodore. :)

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

no problem simon.
    when i uninstalled f-secure 2007 via add/remove programs when i rebooted it was still there so i used the removal tool to do the whole process.
    i hope f-secure works for you.
    its a decent program its just it slowed down my pc to much.
    lodore

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have not had the problem. I have been using the OEM FSIS for maybe a couple of months.
    My only complaint is the very slow start up. It takes at least 2 minutes for things to stabilize as opposed to less than a minute for KAV and about 15 seconds for AntiVir Premium. Of course FSIS has several modules, but it is slow. When things are stabilized I do not notice a slowdown. The scan of some email is slower than other AVs I have tried also.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. Simon6776

I have re-installed as Lodore suggested. Can't tell at the moment if it's fixed the problem, as it happened randomly, but all seems OK so far.

I too find it slowish to start up, but once stabilised, surfing and file navigation is as fast, if not faster, than any other AV I have tried.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi Simon,
    glad its working for now.
    keep us posted
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.