New Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rebop, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebop

rebop Registered Member

Just realized my scheduled backups stopped working a few days ago. Hmmm.

Went to edit the scheduled task and get this error:

Plug-in is not found. (0x1B0003)
    token = "PlaceBrowser"
    Tag = 0xAC6EA1C1803F7BFC

E001B0003: Plug-in is not found.

Please contact Acronis support team for information on how to resolve this issue.
    To provide our support team with complete description of the issue, click Details, and then click the icon above the description in the open field. It will copy the issue's details to the Clipboard.

What is the problem?

Thanks.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Beats me, but did you folow the instructions to copy the details to the Clipboard? ((Highlight all the text and press Ctrl-C.) When you do that, you will be able to paste the results into your next forum message with Ctrl-V.

Ctrl-C mean to hold down the Ctrl key and press the C key - sorry if this is obvious.

3. rebop

rebop Registered Member

Rebooted and the error went away.

But, you know the worst part of this?

NO INDICATION THAT A SCHEDULED BACKUP HAD FAILED!

Yes, I am shouting. If I had not looked at my backups folder or happened to look in Event Management, I would have never known. Sloppy not to pop up an error.

I am getting frustrated again wih this product. And I do want to know why that error occurred.

~Bob

4. rebop

rebop Registered Member

My first message was the cut and paste opf the error, John.

~Bob

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Which version and build of TI are you using ?
    When I had version 8 and some early builds of version 9 I did get this error from time to time. I just got into the habit of looking at the TI log to make sure that the backup had run. A factor that could have been the cause was it happened after editing a backup. I changed to deleting and making a new schedule on the "just in case principle".
    Since starting with V10 I have ony edited the schedule once and the backups have always run.

Xpilot

6. rebop

rebop Registered Member

Latest build, always. Ran maybe 14-15 backups before this error.

I should not have to check logs to know I have a problem. Computers are smarter than that.

~Bob

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rebop,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try uninstalling Acronis True Image 10.0 Home completely, rebooting the computer, then installing it again.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create a screenshot of the error.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.