new engine combo suggestion

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by koliko, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Hello guys!

I'm buying a new laptop next week, so I've been wondering about which combination of antivirus-firewall-antimalware (and HIPS, or the like) I should install. The laptop will come with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. I've been using Bitdefender Free with SpyShelter Free on my old machine.

Both paid and free versions are acceptable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

koliko

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Why not staying with that combo?

3. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Have you experienced problems while running your current setup? If so, I'd start by determining the source of the problem and also what was affected during the last attack. From there you can begin to develop a security setup unique to your needs. If the software has been working for you without problem, then you shouldn't need to swap it out. I'd only switch applications if you are experiencing system instability caused by the application or there is a blatant lack of development and support by the developer.

4. guest

guest Guest

Maybe he's just bored and wants to have different rhymes. :D

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is against the rule or not. Just a tip, try ESET or Emsisoft. ;)

5. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

No harm is experimenting with other products. If that is indeed the case, then I suggest the author checks out a thread in this section titled what's your security setup? You should be able to get an idea of the different setups folks are running. I'd image some would be willing to answer any specific questions you might have once you narrow down your selection. I'd also suggest using the search to find guides or recommendations other members have posted.

6. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

Yeah, you already have a nice setup.

BD has great sigs and SS adds that special Wilders magic.

But if bored, you should def try Emsisoft and ESET.

I'd also trial Comodo, 'Boxie and EMET. Clearly, not everything at once; however, you say you are bored and those may work out even better than your last.

Just surely make yourself some solid images: We're digging deep/

7. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Thank you very much for your replies and suggestions. I haven't experienced any problems with the current setup, I just thought it wasn't enough. I see now that all of you agree that BDF + SSF are a fine combination (and they do work great together on my machine). So, I'm going to keep them.

Again, thank you all,

koliko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.