New Computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Howard Bryant, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I purchased a new computer and would like to transfer Spywareblaster to it. How can I do this? I would like Spywareblaster to be on the new computer before I go on-line for the first time. Thanks. Howard

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Howard, best thing to do is activate XP's firewall, then add your Anti-virus, connect to the internet and update it and Windows, then add your security programs such as SpywareBlaster.

Cheers :D

3. Hi Blackspear,
    Thank you for your reply. Spywareblaster may be my strongest defense against spyware, which is why I would like to have it on my computer before I connect to the web for the first time. Could I download it on another computer and transfer the file to the new computer and then extract it (or some similar strategy)? I had a horrible nightmare of an experience last year with spyware (it took many weeks to fix) and I would like to be as careful as possible. Thanks again. Howard

4. Blackspear

Hi Howard, if you follow my advice and the exact order in which it is given, you will not have an issue at all, period. I have set up hundreds of machines the same way.

You can also click on the link in my signature to see what I have for a setup as well as others...

Cheers :D

5. ok. Thanks for your assistance. HB

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

is it possible to transfer the istallation file to a floppy disk and do it that way??

7. Blackspear

To a floppy, no, the file size is 2501KB, to larger media, sure, it simply won't be able to update until a internet connection is made.

Cheers ; D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.