New Comodo Release reportedly can detect actual program

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LoPhatPhuud, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoPhatPhuud

LoPhatPhuud Spyware Fighter

Per list of fixes in Comodo 3.0.14.276, released today, they may have found a solution to the issue of the actual program being proxied to the firewall.

In the release notes:
    "FIXED! CFP can now find the application behind a connection (for example Kaspersky web scanner)"

Hopefully this will also resolve the ekrn.exe issue. I plan to install this version in the next day or two, but wanted to post a heads up.

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I'm using version 3 with the new Comodo release, and it's a dream the way they run together is heaven sent!:D

3. bhagabhi

bhagabhi Registered Member

disinter1, how do you have it set up? I am currently trying to get a proper setup - but I still get all stuff running through ekrn.exe ...

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Great point, however, it appears as though your inquiry has landed on deaf ears, well maybe blind eyes!

5. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I tried everything NOT to fail the leaktest with CFP (all versions) and NOD32 v3 but couldn't do it. I attributed it to user error. Yesterday, I reverted back to NOD32 v2.7, and the latest version of CFP, passed the leaktest.

I don't have to worry about ekrn any more.

6. bhagabhi

bhagabhi Registered Member

Yeah, I have gone back to 2.7 too ... Would love to see a fix for the v3 proxy problems (Like most people here, it seems...)

7. Vicky1

Vicky1 Registered Member

Dude, I have had hard time setting up the things to not route through ekrn.exe .. and I think I have done it.

I completely turned off the "Web Access Protection" and "Email Protection" .. and now none of my traffic is passed through ekrn.exe

Advanced Mode >> Setup >> Antivirus and Antispyware >> Configure (under Email Protection) >> Uncheck "Enable email protection" option ..

again..

Advanced Mode >> Setup >> Antivirus and Antispyware >> Configure (under Web access protection) >> Uncheck "Enable web access protection" option ..

Make sure real-time protection is turned ON, it will protect your system from potential viruses coming via web/email or whatever.

I have done a couple leak tests, and my firewall (COMODO v2) is passing them .. means it's detecting new connections to the internet.
    (Firewall failed in leak tests when web access and email protection was on)

If you need detailed help, PM me, I will post here with screenshots.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.