New Build 800 does not work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lagerstedt, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagerstedt

lagerstedt Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed the new build 800 of TI 8. Then I made an image of drive C:, worked fine. But when I tried to make an image of drive D: TI did not work. First I got the message that the image was successfully completed (or something like that), but no image was created. So I tried again and TI did not create an image. I rebooted and tried again. No success.

Enough is enough. I uninstalled build 800 and reinstalled build 796, which worked normally. I had to go through the procedure of typing in two registration codes (my original and the upgrade one).

Windows 2000 Pro, SP4. All drives are NTFS and in good health. SystemSuite's Diskfixer found no errors and SpinRite 6 gave them its OK too. I have 3 hdd's and I use a Samsung 120 GB for TI images.

Anyone with similar experiences from build 800?

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Have you tried both the Windows version and Bootable CD version?

What about Chkdsk /r option?

3. GeoBob

GeoBob Guest

I too tried 800. It would not do anything. No mattewr what I tried it just did not respond. Uninstalled and went back to build 768. After one day it too is acting flakky. I think I will go back to the original disk install. If that does not work then I'll try for a refund.

WIN2k Pro, SP4
    Four NTFS drives
    Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 mobo

4. brass_rat

brass_rat Guest

Build 800 needs a clean install.

I loaded it over 792 on Win2K Pro SP4 and had nothing but problem. Every time I ran Restore Image the app would freeze and I'd have to kill it from the Task Manager.

I uninstalled TI completely, then installed 800. Works perfectly now.

5. m|sf|t

m|sf|t Guest

installed build 800 on 2 win2k server and 1 xp sp2 - so far, no problems, creating or restoring. the install was applied overtop of previous installs.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lagerstedt and GeoBob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please try to uninstall Acronis True Image and install the latest build from scratch. If it doesn't help please send the screnshots of your actions in wizard and of the error you get to support@acronis.com. We will help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.