new backup naming scheme?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slobizman, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slobizman

slobizman Registered Member

Pre TI-10 the a complete backup defaulted to MyBack.tib, and subsequent incrementals were MaBackup1, My Backup2, etc.

Now, I see that it sometimes begins with the complete backup as MyBackup1, rather than MyBackup. But not always.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You can name the backups whatever you want. You do not have to accept the default name.

3. slobizman

slobizman Registered Member

No, that's not what I mean. It used to be that the full install would not append a "1" to the end of the backup name. Now it sometimes does, on the complete full backup. I key in the name as Mybackup and it makes it Mybackup1. Sometimes.

What's that all about?

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Well, ya got me there. :oops: I always name my backups and they keep that name without any numerical appendage.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello slobizman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine describing backup naming scheme.

In a nutshell, the first incremental/differential backup file name will end with "2" (without quotas: Mybackup2.tib).

Could you please describe the issue in more details? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.