New AV Test From SSU

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

let me guess, a VX collector at work?

2. thathagat

thathagat Guest

guys....so after this and every other test is it safe to conclude that the best and safest bet would be avira, avast or kaspersky.....?

3. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

What a load of bullshit.

1. Where are the program/database version information? (It was all up-2-date doesn't count as an answer!)

2. Since when Comodo passed Virus Bulletin?! That is providing wrong and misleading information on purpose.

3. Who gives you the right to discredit other testing organizations?

4. Collecting 800k samples were nobody really knows their origin and functionality doesn't put you in a position to call it a "AV Test".

5. What gives you the right to call your test the ONLY independent malware test? Are you guys nuts or just a little bit "high" today?

6. Where is your testing methodology for this amateurish try?

7. Who verifies that the samples are really functional and how do they verify that? Just because somebody else detects it? Move on...

8. What about missed samples? Will you provide those to the vendors?

9. How old are you guys?

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

This is what SSUpdater had to say about MBAM in one of the posts:
    SSUpdater says they have nothing to hide, yet the one thing I noticed is the fact that no software versions were posted along with the results. Yes, some of their forum posters have asked what particular software versions were tested and they did respond, but I find it odd that tested versions were not included, unless you ask.

One poster went on to say that Wilders is "dominated by shills" so I guess any questions about their testing procedures will fall on deaf ears. IMO, forget the tests; if your choice of software works in your own environment, that's a 100% reliability score in my book!

5. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

The testers are nothing but a bunch of arrogant amateurs.

6. Medank

Medank Registered Member

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

This test is a piece of ****... wouldn't surprise me, except that I didn't expect the AV tests can go any worse.

IOW, useless... :thumbd: o_O

8. guest

guest Guest

common guys, this is only test.
    maybe not very good malware choice.
    maybe they are amateurs. (included some malware writer, i think)

but avira is 2st on test
    same as other tests,

avast is 3
    same as other tests,

norton 4
    same as other tests,

wrong malware, but avira catch 98.88%
    what is wrong? for whom?

a-squared Anti-Malware tested by other testers: they say its good.
    http://www.pcsecuritylabs.net/news.php?readmore=10
    http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/topic16354

tests say us;

antivir, avast, norton is the king of this category
    again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  9. guest

guest Guest

from comodo forum;
    http://forums.comodo.com/feedbackco...cis/ssupdaters_antimalware_test-t29030.0.html

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s too good for CIS, i wil not believe. PC Tools should had better detection. Also detection of AVG seems unbelieveable, so low.

Ikarus has poor detection and q-squared on the top.....hmmmmm. Wat to do?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  11. guest

guest Guest

a-squared= homemade def+ikarus def

12. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I still count on Kaspersky being up there with the top. It hasn't slipped from what I've seen.

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes but a-squared is manily for spyware/ adware not an AV.

14. guest

guest Guest

from tester

from emsisoft;
    Note: (for 3.5)
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

15. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

just another test that is meaningless INHO, I don't know these folks so I'll take the results with a grain of salt...AV-Comparatives is the one I pay attention to...

16. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

As Mike (IC) mentioned in his post above, testers need to have "valid" malwares. What fun is it to grab a loose wrap rather than a big fat Reese's butter cup? This is an early "Trick or Treat". Happy Halloween everyone! :D

17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

A2 now has Ikarus in their mélange. Shazam!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No inferences... just a couple questions for the expert critics -- EraserHW & Inspector Clouseau. . . . .

Did you post your criticism on THEIR forum? If not, why not?

Same questions. Id est, did you post your comments on their forum? If not, why? And... what does their age have to do with anything?

18. Inspector Clouseau

Do you really think i reply to inmature kids that title us with "Sunbelt Crapware"?

19. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

wierd that they put superantispyware there- superantispyware is NOT an antivirus program. It is an antispyware program

robin

20. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Or MBAM or whatever... about illustrates the level of their "professionalism", also calling some "participants" crapware is immensely "mature". :thumbd: o_O :gack:

21. Inspector Clouseau

I basically don't care at what place we are. Even if we would be on place 1 i'd still complain on how this is done and how childish they are there. And just a hint to the "GrandCommander" there. When you edit your own post to replace "Sunbelt Crapware" with "Sunbelt Software" you should do it also in the ongoing quotes, otherwise that lets you look like a fool. And that's all i have to say to this nonsense. There are a 1000 better ways to waste my time.

Attached Files:

22. guest

guest Guest

malwarebytes-viruses;

Attached Files:

23. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

guest, are you trying to say that because Emisoft and Malwarebytes use the same wording as SSUpdater, their test is OK? The difference is that those 2 companies list the database of items that are detected and removed by their respective programs.

Is there a link at SSUpdater.com that details their database of the 800,025 items used on their test?

a-squared Malware Database | Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Detection List

24. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

No, I haven't, and I'll explain why: this thread has been created here, on Wilders. I'm a user here, and as a Wilders user I write my own comments here :) I don't see why I've to waste my time registering on another forum, activating the account, and writing my own thoughts there when I see they read without any trouble Wilders posts.

I don't see anything that doesn't make sense on what I've written. They shared their collection (or part of) some months ago, so that every user could check AV results. I've simply had a look at their "malware" test set.

If the best thing they can write is "crapware" or "If you have anything to say, anything that makes any sense at least" or still critics without any technical contribution, then you can understand that there are n-different ways I can follow to waste my time :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  25. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Has 1-2-3 Spyware Free gone legit recently? At one time it was designated as a rogue app on MalwareBytes.org and also on A-Squared's site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.