New Antivirus Test Report By VIRUS.GR

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tec505, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Oh noooo I disagree. IMHO no vendor will ever submit file to such a person as virus collector.

He just uses couple of AV to "sort" his collection. But the way he does it gives warranty all FP will be included in the test set.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

With regards to Norton AntiVirus, VirusP tells me that he used the latest trial version available as of April 22, 2007. So I presume it was the 2007.2 version. Still the detection rates are suspiciously low. :doubt:

@mrtwolman: You are correct, but Firefighter made that statement in a figurative sense. :)
    I'll ask him again about the possibility of FPs and let you know what he says. AFAIK he has been honest enough to admit any faults in his testing. But from a reliability point of sense, this current test is FAR more reliable than any other virus.gr test due to several "internal" reasons, but still virus.gr probably has quite a way to go. :doubt:

3. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

I would think two things:

- are they included in the test? Because then he should really update his test methods on the website;

- are these files really malware? Who did analyze them?

:)

4. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

With him using Kaspersky as the 'Benchmark' I don't think it's a very useful test, apart from one thing.

AOL AVS pretty much matches the detection rate of the paid for Kaspersky, which is very impressive considering it's free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.