New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

@_Nikopol you know noobs like to play with stuff they don't fully understand, that is also part of the learning process. ;)

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

I'm with you @Umbra . I believe Andreas won't listen to this lockdown putdown :D

3. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

All I'm saying is: It wasn't the nuclear-scientists fault that about two hundred thousand people died by their invention 1945.

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Brilliant analogy... :D

5. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

Absolute. :argh:

6. serejka4902

serejka4902 Registered Member

Registry Guard I would like to have a graphical environment like
    NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
    it would be easier work with Registry Guard

7. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

I hate to pester, but I see in this thread v4.0 was in pre-release beta a year ago. Any update, please, on its pending release?

8. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

ERP is at his 31st beta version last time I checked, I won't expect a stable soon.

9. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Thank you!

10. lucd

lucd Registered Member

@andrea seams not to be working with zonealarm, tested on vista
    also would be great if u added better support for zemana antilogger free , I can exclude program in the rules section but I don't know how to stop the event log from registering it constantly, crazy event spam

11. mood

mood Updates Team

If a process is allowed/blocked/excluded it will be shown in the Events-tab. "Filtering out" specific processes is not possible.

While i'm at it...
    @novirusthanks
    Suggestion: (a) After enabling of "Password Protect Power Options" and entering of a wrong password, the "enter password"-dialog should re-appear so the user can enter the password again.
    This will mitigate for example the following issue: ERP is blocking a process if the user wants to allow an unknown process but accidentially enters a wrong password in the password dialog.
    Suggestion: (b) Support for the ESC-key in the "Enter Password"-dialog (= "ESC" dismisses the password-dialog... the same as a click on "Cancel" or "Alt+F4")
    Suggestion: (c) The password-dialog doesn't need to be displayed if the protection mode "isn't actually changed".
    Example:
    If the current protection mode is Alert Mode and if the user selects Alert Mode the password dialog is displayed.
    But entering of a correct password or dismissing of the dialog has the same effect = the protection mode stays the same. In this case displaying of the password dialog is unnecessary.

Edit:
    Idea: Adding of a "Reset Password"-button.
    If a password has been set but if the password-feature wasn't enabled for a long time, the user might have forgot the "old password", therefore cannot edit the password & cannot set a new one (the old password is needed to set a new password)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  12. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@mood

Nice suggestions, will release tomorrow a new build with them added.

@lucd

Will take a look at that.

13. iammike

iammike Registered Member

@novirusthanks

Suggestion.

When Right Clicking on the Icon (in the Taskbar) and then selecting Exit, in the Confirm Exit Dialog, the active button is default set to "YES", maybe change it to "NO", so you don't accidentally exit the program.

This only Applies when NO password protect Power options has been set. If a password has been set, you get the Enter Password dialogue.

14. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

@novirusthanks It would be cool if you could make it so that, when a UAC prompt appears on the secure desktop at the same time as a NVT ERP prompt appears, we don't get stuck on the secure desktop without being able to do anything because of the ERP prompt blocking process execution until resolved and we're stuck on the secure desktop after we've pressed Yes or No for the UAC prompt, with the only way to exit the secure desktop being to use ctrl+alt+del, this happens quite frequently to me actually

15. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

@novirusthanks
    I really wish you would hold off on any new feature requests and release a new, stable version 4.

16. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

NVT betas are usually as good as stable builds. Just pick one build that works well enough for you and stick with it for a while.

17. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Good is my OCD does not mess with my ability to install betas yet. :p

18. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

Here is a new v4.0 (pre-release) test32:
    https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/exe_radar_pro_4_setup_test32.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v4 ***

Build 32

+ Fixed: The display of the notification dialog when a process is blocked on users that have the sidebar on top, left or right
    + Fixed: After enabling of "Password Protect Power Options" and entering of a wrong password, the "enter password"-dialog should re-appear so the user can enter the password again
    + Fixed: Support for the ESC-key in the "Enter Password"-dialog (= "ESC" dismisses the password-dialog... the same as a click on "Cancel" or "Alt+F4")
    + Fixed: The password-dialog doesn't need to be displayed if the protection mode "isn't actually changed"
    + Fixed: When Right Clicking on the Icon (in the Taskbar) and then selecting Exit, in the Confirm Exit Dialog, the active button is default set to "YES", maybe change it to "NO", so you don't accidentally exit the program
    + Fixed: Add a "Reset Password"-button (hold down CTRL + ALT + SHIFT when you right-click the ERP tray menu to pull up the menu)
    + Added new signers to default list of Trusted Vendors List
    + Minor fixes and improvements

* About the new signers added to Trusted Vendors List:
    * Many users have sent us lists of signers extracted from their PCs, so we added most of them to the list, excluding Nir Sofer, TeamViewer, Ask Toolbar, MS-signatures, etc.
    * If you find some signers that you think should not be listed there, just let me know.
    * All these signers (1000+) should help in reducing alerts.

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Let me know if you find any issue or FPs with this new beta build.

19. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

Unfortunately i'm still having a small delay (+/- 1 sec) when I launch some portable applications. ( ex ccleaner)

20. Floyd 57

But you don't have delay when launching "non-portable" exes? That really doesn't make much sense

21. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

Software located under program files and program files(x86) have no delay for me. But when I launch a portable located elsewhere (ex:desktop) some of them are affected by a delay.
    I tried in a real machine but also in a VM, same result. Others have also reported the same problem earlier.

(BTW a reboot is necessary after the installation of NVT ERP in order to face the issue)

22. Floyd 57

Did you reboot after you uninstalled the old version of ERP and only then install the new one?

23. K3yRoX

K3yRoX Registered Member

Yes of course. Even deleted all the remnent files.

The issue is related to ERPSvc.exe, because when I kill it the delay is gone.

24. Floyd 57

Well this is interesting, if it also happens in a clean VM, it could be related to specific hardware or OS version or something like that. The dev is really the only one that can fix it and understand what and why it's happening, it would help if you could provide more information

25. iammike

iammike Registered Member

Thanks for the new version.

But why add the signature of ASK Toolbar o_O That does AFAIK Browser Hijacking or ... ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.