New anti spyware scanner could be a rogue.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by notageek, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I no nothing about it find it here http://www.snapfiles.com/get/araneaspy.html

I'm going to let the pros here look at at and give their opinions about this program. It could be a rogue program so download at your own risk. ;) I didn't find it over at the rogue/suspects list. I did a fast scan through there and didn't see the name.

2. Frostfell Grimm

Frostfell Grimm Registered Member

I checked their website at http://www.freeimagebrowser.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277 and It appears to be an up and coming Spyware removal tool. I have not downloaded and tested it yet, but it does appear to play well with both Adaware and Sptbot S&D judging from the posts on their forum.

I'll install it on one of my test boxes tonight and get back to you.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey notageek,

Below is a link to a recent thread concerning Aranea Spywizard....with comments from users that have used it ?

This link---> Anybody used Aranea Spywizard?

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Thanks Bubba. I did a search but I must of spell the name wrong because nothing came up. Thanks for pointing me to the other link.

5. xyz123

xyz123 Guest

Looks like a waste of time to me. Maybe in a year or so they may be somewhat better. Only 200+ detections? It seems they've a ways to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.