New Anti-phishing Firefox plug-in from Google

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

is it a worth while plugin to use for firfox 1.5 onwards?

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I suppose only time, use and lack of complaints will tell.

-- Tom

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Have just installed it now...but I was wondering if it was really working coz I couldn't see any signs on my firefox browser after its noticed to enable it. :rolleyes: :cautious:

Actually, I have now 3 anti-phishing built into my firefox - spoofstick, Earthlink toolbar, and now google anti-phishing, and ohh...before I forget...:eek: I also have this siteadvisor found on my lower right side of my browser. :D

Now w 4 anti-phishing installed on my firefox any phishers on the planet will be filtered and grinded like beans...:D

5. RAV

RAV Registered Member

Google has a link to test the plug-in and when it works it clearly in a large balloon that the site is unsafe. Unless it is activated by a bad site, it sits quietly in the background. I also use SiteAdvisor and the two apps have 2 different functions. Site Advisor is great to show potentially bad site links when you do a Google search which helps you to avoid going to those sites in the first place. Both apps compliment the Firefox browser very nicely.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have not trusted Google for reasons I am not sure of. I had the impression that it was full of spyware.
    Evidently I am incorrect in this.

I have Spoofstick, and Siteadvisor,and would like the google plug in if it is safe.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.