New Anti-phishing Firefox plug-in from Google

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lotuseclat79, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

is it a worth while plugin to use for firfox 1.5 onwards?

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I suppose only time, use and lack of complaints will tell.

-- Tom

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Have just installed it now...but I was wondering if it was really working coz I couldn't see any signs on my firefox browser after its noticed to enable it. :rolleyes: :cautious:

Actually, I have now 3 anti-phishing built into my firefox - spoofstick, Earthlink toolbar, and now google anti-phishing, and ohh...before I forget...:eek: I also have this siteadvisor found on my lower right side of my browser. :D

Now w 4 anti-phishing installed on my firefox any phishers on the planet will be filtered and grinded like beans...:D

5. RAV

RAV Registered Member

Google has a link to test the plug-in and when it works it clearly in a large balloon that the site is unsafe. Unless it is activated by a bad site, it sits quietly in the background. I also use SiteAdvisor and the two apps have 2 different functions. Site Advisor is great to show potentially bad site links when you do a Google search which helps you to avoid going to those sites in the first place. Both apps compliment the Firefox browser very nicely.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have not trusted Google for reasons I am not sure of. I had the impression that it was full of spyware.
    Evidently I am incorrect in this.

I have Spoofstick, and Siteadvisor,and would like the google plug in if it is safe.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.