Never had a good TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by inphoenix, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inphoenix

inphoenix Registered Member

Restored a Toshiba Satellite 3 times with OEM restore CD. Returned notebook 2X to Best Buy, HD replaced 2 times.

I have tried over and over again to create TI (now build 800) and have never been able to verify the image. I've wasted over 16CDs trying this. On the 2nd try after the 1st repair (at Toshiba thru Best Buy) when I was doing a 'check image archive' the computer froze up and corrupted a file. Back to Best Buy.

Now I'm on my 3rd try with the repaired notebook (performed at Toshiba,again for th 2nd time) and got an error: Failed to read data from sector 40,621,431 of disk 1. I've tried, 'retry' and then finally chose ignore.

After the 'ignore' I recv'd "The image was successfully created.'
    I then tried to do an 'image archive exploring' inserted disk 1 of 6 and selected the file. Recv'd 'Image archive E:\scott01c1.tib is corrupted. Please choose another file.
    Then chose 'check image archive for errors:
    Since I've never been successful with TI I inserted the 1st cd and got a msg to the effect to use the last cd. Now it is verifying with the estimated time of 1hour 5minutes. Started with 6, then 5 then 4 of 6 and got an error.

Before I started the TI this time, I've updated WinXP Home, SP2, spybot and adaware and then cleaned out all unnecessary files, checked the registry with Easy Cleaner, emptied the recycle folder, did a defrag just to make sure the drive was cleaned and up to date. (Used the most recent versions of those 3 pgms).

Still no valid TI. I'm sick of this. Way too frustrating I will find another Image pkg. I have Drive Image but it does not support external USB drives. But since I don't need an external for this laptop I'm going to use that and uninstall TI.

You might assume it's the notebook but I've tried TI on other computers and have never been successful. Then I read in this forum that the Rescue Disk for build 800 is no good and, yes, there is a bug. Well, Acronis, where's the fix? Youve known about this bug for a while now.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello inphoenix,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create Acronis Report and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions on how to get the report)? Also please describe in the letter what partitions you have tried to back up. Please try to create the image and store it on the hard disk rather than CDs and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.