Networking blocked?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by dwg397, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwg397

dwg397 Registered Member

I am currently using 4.0.474, and am wondering whether this is causing my networking problems.

The computer with the issues is running Windows 7, whereas the other machines in the local Network are running XP. Although those machines can find the one with 7, the reverse does not apply. All machines can access the Web correctly.

Having looked in the 'Change Advanced Sharing Settings' window, I am unable to check the 'Turn on Network Discovery' option, and believe that this is preventing the computer from 'finding' the others. Every time I click the 'Save Changes' button and then re-open the dialogue, this option has returned to 'Off'.

The networking was initially running fine, and the problem only seems to have occured since installing Eset ...

Can anyone shed any light on this issueo_O

Regards,
    Dave

2. patch

patch Registered Member

Possibilities I can think of:
    1) Windows thinks the network connection is public so blocks file sharing. Look in "Network & sharing center" then "Customize"
    2) ESS is configured to block sharing. Look in "Setup" -> "Personal firewall" -> "Change protection mode of your computer in the network" -> "allow sharing"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.