network settings in vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i want to get my wireless working with vista. i have manually added my router settings, but i have disabled SSID broadcasting in my router. there's a box in the manual settings with a warning that i think i should have enabled (the last box with the warning message below)

http://xs216.xs.to/xs216/07226/efefessd.jpg

i don't feel very safe using vista as it is so i didn't enable that box because of the warning. anyway, i didn't connect to the router.

so i tried adding the settings again, but this time i ticked that warning box. now vista says a network with that network name already exists and gives me these options -

1. Use the existing network i setup (that has the wrong settings)
    2. Choose a different name

where's the option to edit the settings o_O

in the screenshot does the Network Name mean SSID? because i put the SSID'S name there.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what i would do is renable the SSID.
    tell windows to search for wireless networks.
    type in the password.
    then once connected go back in to the router and disable the SSID.
    lodore

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help. but, as well as setting things up i wanted to learn how to use vista. i've only used it a few times so far and i think it makes things really complicated.

doesn't anyone use vista o_O how can i delete the settings i put in the first time? i might boot in to it and see if it saved that setup, i haven't used it since i first posted.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You can look around on these forums for problems and possible solutions others are having.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ok, thanks. i might try and set it up again later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.