Network problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by adrianyujs, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

Hi all!!!

I really need your all help. I always encounter same problem, that is I cannot surf internet after I connect to internet download something using Emule client and torrent client for a long time. Sometime I can't even sign in to MSN Messenger, then i tried to run connection diagnostic, its say the Key port error, then I repair it, can't be solved.

It always happen after I online for a long time with using these two client, even without these two client also will encounter same problem if I online for a long time.

Then what I do is restart my PC and my ADSL router/modem. Problem solved if I do like that. Any alternate way to solve the problem without restart PC and ADSL router/modem?

hope you guy can help me, thanks.

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Re: Netowrk problem

Reduce the number of connections from this program, your router is unable to handle the high number of connections set up by these programs, also patch your system with Lvlord patch from www.lvllord.de if you haven't done so already.

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Re: Netowrk problem

It can be also caused by upload speed too busy with those 2 aplications.
    If you have in p2p upload set to unlimited, limit it a little, by 2 kB/s down.
    I have 128 kbps upload and I limit it to 10 kB/s, which leaves 2 kB/s for me.
    If I would set upload to ulimited, I would get disconected from IM, webpages.

4. adrianyujs

Thanks for your all post.

for TheTOM_SK post: My DSL speed is 2048/512. These long time, I always set my uTorrent upload speed limit is 6kbps, for Emule, upload speed is 63kbps without limit.

But I heard from my friend, some router cannot support too many connection at a time, router will get "choked" if get too many connection, is it true? I'm not sure actually. Beside this, I already patch my windows XP TCP/IP "Current maximum concurrent half-open connections: 16777214".

How I connect to internet is I'm using D-Link DSL500T(already set to Bridge mode) with Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Router version 2. I also already port forward Emule (TCP: 4167 / UDP: 4177) and uTorrent (Both: 32459).

So hope this information is useful to you all.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

6. adrianyujs

I saw it, but that FAQ is for WRT54GL version 5 only. Mine is Version 2.

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

The patcher that arup linked should probably solve your problem.

8. adrianyujs

OK, I try patch it to 500 max connection. Now it seem OK. No problem.

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

actually its the opposite. its not for version 5 unless i read wrong but im glad your problem was solved.

10. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

You should be able to test this.
    The next time this happens, don't reboot your computer, only your router and see if the connection returns.
    And then the next time only reboot the computer and not the router and see if you connect again.
    This way you learn where the problem is.

11. adrianyujs

I tried, but sometimes I reboot router, it still doesn't work. And sometimes I just reboot computer, it also doesn't work.
    So, I think, if restart router, still not work, means windows problem.
    If restart PC, still not work, means router problem.
    So, any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.