Network printing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by geircito, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geircito

geircito Registered Member

Beta 1 works nearly perfect here on my Vista Ultimate iMac.

But there are one issue: network printing.

I have an HP Color Laserjet 2600n attached to my router with the network address 192.168.0.161. Before installing ESS I can print to this printer, after installing ESS and activating anti-virus, firewall and antispam, I can't print to this printer. Uninstalling ESS and everything is working again.

Any suggestion to solve this?

--

2. geircito

geircito Registered Member

Ok, solved it myself by running the firewall in interactive mode, and then I got a popup window asking me to allow and create rules for the "Spooler Subsystem App" and the "Host Process for Windows Services".

-------------------

New "problem":
    I have a Dreambox attatched to my router, and I can connect to this (and watch television) using Firefox. But another software "dreamView" is blocked in the firewall. When I disable ESS firewall I can connect and watch television thorugh "dreamView", but NOT when ESS is enabled.
    Also when running ESS firewall in interactive mode I don't get any popup window asking me about permission.
    I think I need to make a rule for this, but I am not sure how.
    The "dreamView" has the following parameters:
    IP address: 192.68.0.192
    HTTP port: 80
    Video port: 31339
    Audio port: 31343

Anyone have a suggestion to make a rule about this issue?

-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.