Network Magic problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bumbleb, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumbleb

bumbleb Registered Member

I had a problem with my laptop wireless connection which I couldn't fix. I was told by a tech to do a PC recover which I did and didn't help.

So I went to get a new Netgear router but the guy there told me i should just reset it. I did this and got everything working.

I had uninstalled Network magic before I did a pc recovery so I went to re-install after I had the computer up and running and I guess I did something wrong and didn't get it completely installed. I tried to uninstall but it won't let me. It gives me a message that says; Important: If you enabled the wireless protection feature go into Network Magic's wireless protection settings and disable before uninstalling. I don't know where to go to find these since the program was not completely loaded. So I am now back to square one again with no wireless connection and a corrupted Network Magic that I cannot uninstall.

Anybody got any suggestions for me?

Bumbleb

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

In many cases, re-installing a program, re-booting and then uninstalling will allow a failed uninstall to succeed.

3. bumbleb

bumbleb Registered Member

Thanks Han,

I tried that and received this message when I tried it.

A newer version of Network Magic has been detected on this computer. It cannot be upgraded with this version of Network Magic.

I'm stuck! I can't install or uninstallo_O Does this mean I need to go out and buy a newer version?

bumbleb

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Can you uninstall in safe mode?

Have you tried revo uninstaller? I don't personally use it, but I've read many posts where it has been helpful where windows add/remove fails.

Keep posting back - someone will help you!

P.S. Have you tried customer support at Network Magic?

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I would think that you could download the latest version, install that and then uninstall. I have NM too but have uninstalled it, hence I don't recall if you can freely download latest version and then you enter a key or how it's done.

In any case, I agree with HAN's approach; you just need to do this with the latest version.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There was a major upgrade, that did have an upgrade cost.

Not much help now, but another reason for imaging/backup in the future.

Hopefully you can uninstall it in safe mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.