Network Magic problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bumbleb, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumbleb

bumbleb Registered Member

I had a problem with my laptop wireless connection which I couldn't fix. I was told by a tech to do a PC recover which I did and didn't help.

So I went to get a new Netgear router but the guy there told me i should just reset it. I did this and got everything working.

I had uninstalled Network magic before I did a pc recovery so I went to re-install after I had the computer up and running and I guess I did something wrong and didn't get it completely installed. I tried to uninstall but it won't let me. It gives me a message that says; Important: If you enabled the wireless protection feature go into Network Magic's wireless protection settings and disable before uninstalling. I don't know where to go to find these since the program was not completely loaded. So I am now back to square one again with no wireless connection and a corrupted Network Magic that I cannot uninstall.

Anybody got any suggestions for me?

Bumbleb

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

In many cases, re-installing a program, re-booting and then uninstalling will allow a failed uninstall to succeed.

3. bumbleb

bumbleb Registered Member

Thanks Han,

I tried that and received this message when I tried it.

A newer version of Network Magic has been detected on this computer. It cannot be upgraded with this version of Network Magic.

I'm stuck! I can't install or uninstallo_O Does this mean I need to go out and buy a newer version?

bumbleb

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Can you uninstall in safe mode?

Have you tried revo uninstaller? I don't personally use it, but I've read many posts where it has been helpful where windows add/remove fails.

Keep posting back - someone will help you!

P.S. Have you tried customer support at Network Magic?

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I would think that you could download the latest version, install that and then uninstall. I have NM too but have uninstalled it, hence I don't recall if you can freely download latest version and then you enter a key or how it's done.

In any case, I agree with HAN's approach; you just need to do this with the latest version.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There was a major upgrade, that did have an upgrade cost.

Not much help now, but another reason for imaging/backup in the future.

Hopefully you can uninstall it in safe mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.