Network Magic Pro and security

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Teknokrat, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teknokrat

Teknokrat Registered Member

Hi!

Any Network Magic Pro users here?

I am currently trying to get as much info as possible on this product and, based on what I've found, then trial it and eventually buy it. I've found most info I needed except an answer to this:

According to the FAQ it does not support wireless encryption. Does that mean that I can not use NMP in an encrypted environment? I already use MAC filtering but I wouldn't wanna give up my WPA2-PSK encryption.

Any other input from anyone who has tested and/or are using NMP is also welcome.

regards,
    T

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am using Network Magic and like it very much. I am using it with WPA-PSK and a strong password. That works fine. I don't have WPA2.

Pete

PS. Check my gui, and the indication is it supports wpa/wpa2. However I am using the Pro version which you do pay for. The free version is stripped down, and I'd recommend you pay for it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  3. Teknokrat

Thanks Pete.
    I appreciate the quick reply. I figured I had misunderstood the setup but I was unable to verify it on their site (tried both the FAQ & their KB).

I'll add "Testrun NMP" to my huuuge "to do" list ;)

regards,
    T

4. Teknokrat

:) you edited while I wrote a reply

Actually it says in the FAQ that the product does not support wireless encryption. As long as I can use the product w/o disabling my network encryption I'm satisfied. I had the pro version in mind, yes.

I'm not 100% clear on why it says it doesn't support encrypted networks if you indeed CAN use it with an encrypted network setup?

/T

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It may relate to the free version. But I am using WPA, confirmed it in my router. Also the NM gui, confirms it, and I do use it so it works.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.