Network issues with XP Pro SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by datpjt1, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datpjt1

datpjt1 Registered Member

I have a new computer which has a new build of XP Pro with SP2. The only install on the PC is Direcway software for my satellite internet connection. I use the one way satellite system which sends uploads through the modem, and accepts downloads through the satellite through the USB port. When True Image is installed, I am getting network issues. When I reboot after install, the network icon for the Satellite receiver, in the network says “this connection has limited or no connection”. I noticed that when I go into the properties of the satellite modem, under TCP/IP, the ip config is set to “assign IP addresses automatically”. This is incorrect. When I uninstall the True Image software the Satellite IP config has IP addresses assigned. What in true image could possible corrupt these network settings in XP Pro SP2.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello datpjt1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Can you set the option under consideration back to apropriate setting? Also we may suggest that you install Acronis True Image prior the installation of Directway software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. datpjt1

datpjt1 Registered Member

I tried installing the Direcway software after True Image, and am having the same issue. I do not know what you mean by "Can you set the option under consideration back to apropriate setting? " as suggested above. Can you please explain further?

4. Zintar

Zintar Guest

I think he means the "assign IP addresses automatically" setting. Since it gets munged on the installation, can you set it correctly and have it work after installation?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thank you Zintar. You got me right.

I'm sorry for vagueness of the instructions. Could you set the ip config in the proper way?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.