Network issues - detecting new network each time I start CP

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by benji_kshoo, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benji_kshoo

benji_kshoo Registered Member

Hello,

for a while now Ive been expiriencing weird lag/short disconnects while playing DOTA2, and Im starting to think its caused by ESET Smart Security. Every time I start the PC (and often when its still running) I see ESET report that 'new network connection has been detected' (Im using polish version of ESET so the messages might not be 1:1 in english version), but when I click either option (public network/home network) I get a message that 'Setting change failed'. It happens after those disconnects when the PC is running as well.
    Ive opened ESET window, went to tools > network connections, but no network connections are listed there.
    Im using Cisco router provided by the cable TV provider.

Message I keep getting: http://i.imgur.com/ypG58iN.jpg

I dont know, if its ESET causing the issue, or is just a symptom of my network connection/router/net card going nuts, but if there is a way to deal with problem Ive described (ESET not detecting network properly (?)), then figuring out what was the source of problem would be easier.

info:
    -my OS is Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    -ESET smart security 6.0.316.1, Polish language setting
    -installed components - uh, blank? (at least I cant see any. the dialog window is empty)
    -reproduce the issue? it occurs randomly and every time I lose connection to network (like when I restart router manually)

Thanks in advance for help, Benji

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Your on a pretty old release of Smart Security. The latest version is 7.0.3. Id check compatibility with 8.1

You also have the option of backing up Eset settings, Uninsalling and reinstalling as a troubleshooting step.

Also when this happens do you have internet access?

3. benji_kshoo

benji_kshoo Registered Member

My license has expired, guess Ill need to get new one - it doesnt let me update now.
    Id need to look for the install CD and I have no clue where I could have put it.
    I think I dont - thats the problem. Im not sure if its ESET causing the disconencts, or if the disconnects cause ESET to show up the warning window.
    Yet it doesnt let me pick if the network is safe/home or unsafe/public - well, it DOES let me pick, but whichever option I choose, I get an error.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If the license as expired then the product won't update anymore. You can renew your license up to 60 days (afaik) after it have expired.

In anycase, download the latest version from the website to see if you will still have this issue or not. If you will not renew now or can't renew because too many days has past. Then you can download a 30-day trial and buy a new license later on.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.