Network input monitor

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by homedoc, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homedoc

homedoc Guest

Hi, Folks,

First of all, let me congradulate you on this superb piece of software. I have not downloaded it yet, but from poring through forums, etc. I can see that TDS-3 is in a class by itself. I have been programming puters since 1969 and have been frustrated since the late 80s with the generally low quality of PC software in terms of the high level of bugs, low level of features, poor human-interface design and, of course, poor performance and high demand for system resources.

From what I can see, this is a real gem and substantially raises the bar on what PC software should offer. I am sure you will do well with it, and hope that word spreads far and wide. Maybe that will embarrass some of the bigger ISVs into improving their offerings.

My question is this: from what I can ascertain, it would appear that at the time TDS-3 detects trojans within a target PC, they are already on the hard drive, resident in memory or about to exectue (with exec-proc). Does the program have the ability to scan in real time information coming in through the network (LAN, web, etc.), detect trojans right when they come in the front door, and scrap them before they ever get out of the input buffers? I believe Tauscan has a TSR called TAumon that does this. It would be a most useful feature.

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

I'm sorry to say that TDS can't monitor realtime. So you are able to get all kinds of nasties through your network connections or from the Internet.
    Because the several ways TDS scans for trojans, network connections would slow down drastically
    Dolf

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You will be most happy to check out the coming TDS-4 Active Guard as first of the new family for these goals.
    With the current TDS-3 Pro you can scan on demand and prevent execution of malicious code on the system itself.
    So you will like a copy on each system in the network, while you can scan all logical drives from one central system if you like and there are more remore and network functions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.