network image location problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ttiller, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttiller

ttiller Guest

Running True Image 8, build 826. Trying to save image to a network server (MS2003) and receiving error message "The file name, location or format \\computername\Image\image.tib is not valid. Please type file name or location in correct format". I am browsing thru computers near me to this location. Am logging in as administrator to server. What am I doing wrong? Am able to save same image to usb drive with no problems. Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ttiller,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please describe me when you get this error message (after pressure "Proceed" or before it). Also please try to save the ordinary file to the network server and let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. ttiller

ttiller Guest

I receive the error message after I specife the file location and name and push the "next" button to proceed to the next step. I don't understand your request to "save the ordinary file to the network server and let you know the results". Can you be more specific?

4. ttiller

ttiller Guest

Problem solved. It was a rights (write) issue. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.