Network Help!

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Rico, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

SETUP: Wall >>> APC Ptel (surge) >>> Westell ADSL2 modem G90-6100, rev H modem >>>> ASUS AC68U router. >>>>> Linksys Gig byte 5 port switch.

What happens 3 Pc's have Ethernet connection, to a Distributed computing project, Upload & download, occurs regularly.

Occasionally (15 -50%) of the time GPU's will not get a new assignment (download), & remain idle. Rebooting always, put's the GPU's back to work.

So Far:

One re-occurring GPU which failed . Switch from Ethernet to WIFI 3days no gpu fail
    Replaced switch old netgear to linksys, no help

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

If all other programs work fine, then it is likely the DC software at fault. You should probably as on their support site.

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

I can read the DC log & know exactly when the download failed. I've taken one of the DC machines, off ehternet & switched to WIFI, to see if i can replicate the failed dl. Can lost packets cause a dl fail? How do you measure or check this?

DC software designed to see GPU & take advantage of it. After upload, the machine prepares to get new project, but dl fails. The GPU sits Idle doing nothing, until discovered, then re-boot, the awaiting dl succeeds, & DC computing continues

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

2017-02-21_8-31-35.jpg This GTX 1050 ti, yellow circle, download failed to complete (log). Remedy reboot & the 1050 gets it's dl, & starts working.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.