Network Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chemaster, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemaster

chemaster Registered Member

True Image Home

I am think of buying a portable network hard-drive that would plug into the RJ-45 ethernet port.

However, does True Image Home software have drivers for these drive so that I can boot directly from the CD rescue disk and restore my image from a network drive connect to the ethernet RJ-45 port on my computer?

If so which model would you recommend that has been well tested and has good proformance?

2. chemaster

3. chemaster

No one have any experience with network drives?

Support?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Acronis will tell you that it supports NAS in general which translated means you pay your money and you take your chance.

Have a look at this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=127131

You can also do a forum search for: Buffalo NAS

(if you put NAS in by itself it will likely say too short. I hate this forum SW for searching.)

5. ee1

ee1 Registered Member

I am backing up two notebook systems, using TI 9 on one and TI 10 Home on the other to a SUSE 10 Linux box running SAMBA as a NAS server. The backups and restores have worked great. For storage, I bought a cheap pata 500GB drive, and put it in the SUSE 10 system.

Eric

6. rrand

rrand Registered Member

Hi,

I had occasion to replace one of my systems' C drive and tried to do a restore from a networked drive on another system but the Acronis boot/restore disc only recognised the 2 local drives. I had to load windows onto the new drive and setup the network and then copy down the backup file to the local D drive and restore from that.

It worked ok but it would have been good to restore directly from the networked drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.