Network Attached Storage and Restoring image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwalker01, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwalker01

rwalker01 Registered Member

I trialled TI 8 and was convinced it was my back up solution for my RAID 10 set up. I successfully imaged the entire RAID 10 drive consisting of three separate partitions to a single image on a Buffalo Terastation (Network Attached Storage - NAS). I could explore the image from any computer on the network. Tonight I managed to crash my RAID set up. I purchased TI 8 since my trial had expired. I created a rescue CD on another computer and successfully booted to TI on the CD. Here's the problem: TI sees all the disks connected to the computer, but does not see the Buffalo NAS. If the image were on one of the drives connected to the computer I would be back in business, but it is not. When I start TI on another computer in the network, the computer based version of TI will recognize the NAS. What the heck should I do? I guess I could install windows on the RAID 10 or another drive on the computer and then restore the image, but that abolishes the time savings of image restoration - I might as well do a clean install. Help please! :doubt:

2. rwalker01

I'm one step closer. I found a way to enable the Ethernet adapter under tools>options. I can now see the back up on the NAS. Now a new problem: the RAID array does not show up as a RAID 10. It just shows the four individual drives. Acronis tech support told me TI supported RAID 10 before I trialled it! What's the problem? :(

Thanks.

Rick

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify me the following: your RAID array doesn't show up as a RAID 10 when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD, am I correct?

Do you use the latest build of Acronis trial version?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. rwalker01

That is correct. I am trying to restore the image I created from the RAID 10 array. The array died and I had to recreate it and now need to restore the image to the new RAID array.

When I exited the bootable CD last night I git a brief glimpse of a message that said "Multiple level RAID arrays are not supported" or something like that.

5. rwalker01

I just purchased and downloaded the full version last night. That is the one I am using.

Rick

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rwalker01,

Please follow my instructions given in the previous thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.