Network accessible printer recommendations.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ThunderZ, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Requesting suggestions for a network accessible printer. Would prefer wired, but wireless is an option. Just looking to be able to relieve my tower of server duties. As stated I would prefer to hook it up to my 8 port switch via cat 5 or greater, but wireless through my WAP is an option.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

2. axial

axial Registered Member

We have a Xerox 6115 multifunction laser and an HP LaserJet pro 7700 both network accessible. HP has wired and wireless connectors, Xerox only has wired. There is such a wide range of speeds, print quality, and $$ in printers that it's almost impossible to give any useful recommendations.

The only downside of the Xerox is that it's definitely a business-class machine so it's not quiet and it draws lots of power, makes the lights flicker in our home office, but we only use it when needing high quality output, the HP is the "always on" everyday-use printer. Xerox has excellent networking features. HP slightly less so, but again it's intended for the home/home-office market.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thank you Axial. The abundance of NAPs is the very reason for my confusion and asking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.