Network access with Phant0m`s-v7Build5

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by RyanM, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanM

RyanM Registered Member

Hello.
    I've been using LnS and Phant0m`s rule set for a while now and I must say I'm very impressed!

Yesterday, I upgraded Phant0m`s rule set from Build4 to Build5 and I've noticed two big differences:

1) I can no longer access the other computers on my home network (and vice versa). What I had been doing in the past (up to and including Phant0m`s rules set v7 Build4) was importing the UDP and TCP share rules found on the LnS Web site. The rules allowed UDP and TCP packets on ports 137 to 139 for the 192.168.0.0 IP range (this is the range I use for my home network).

Ever since installing Build5, the rules no longer seem to work. These UPD/TCP rules are placed at the top of the rule list, so they should work, because all the "block all other packets" rules are below the ones I imported. I had tried deleting the rules, and then re-importing them, and then finally rebooting my PC, and that seemed to work, but once I restarted my PC after shutting down for the night, the rules stopped working again!

Could someone please tell me how to get these rules working permanently? I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if you need more information about this problem.

2) I noticed a significant speed loss when accessing the Web. Prior to Build5, everthing was "normal" but with Build5, it seems it takes a good 10-15 minutes before Web surfing speed resumes to normal. I use Firefox, but I have noticed this on IE as well (just to verify that the problem wasn't solely with Firefox). Is there something I can do about this as well? Does this have anything to do with Phant0m`s-v7Build5 and the "releasing network adapter" in the install?

Thanks again for any help.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi RyanM

To question 1, user’s required to export current additions / changes and import them after usage of the next Phant0m`` Look ‘n’ Stop Ruleset Installer. And by default File and Printer Sharing on LAN isn’t supported, importable rules file is available off of the official Look ‘n’ Stop importable rules site.

Regarding browser surfing performance issue, Disable the rule '+NetBIOS'.

And about GRC, you’ll find some web-scans aren’t always fully accurate and you should try alternatives…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.