Network access is denied

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by al_man, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al_man

al_man Registered Member

When attenpting a backup with True Image V8 to a new network drive, the following error results:
    Error renaming the file. (0x40009)
    function = "MoveFileW",
    filename = "\\?\UNC\Landrive\PUBLIC\MyBackup1.tib"
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21F900
    Network access is denied. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070041
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

I can perform file copies, etc. to the drive using Windows Explorer without any problem. True Image can "see" the network drive as I can select the drive as the backup destination from Create Backup Wizard. Any help would be appreciated.

2. STEPHAN

STEPHAN Registered Member

Os that a LanDrive ? If so, what Firmware Version ?

How big are you making the backup files ?

3. al_man

al_man Registered Member

Stephan,
    Yes it is a LANDrive, firmware version NAS-BASIC35, Loader 067. I have checked the www.usbex.com/landrive site, but do not see any firmware updates there, only a warning about using the wrong firmware, a link for the Win 98 usb driver, and a link for the user manual.

As for the file size, I am well below the 4MB FAT32 limit. I have tried backing up files as small as 4KB without any luck. If I connect the drive as a usb drive, I can successfully perform a backup no matter how big the file (True Image automatically breaks up the backup file to keep them within the FAT32 limitation.)

I think you are on the right track as to a conflict between True Image and the LANDrive firmware. Any suggestions?
    Al

4. STEPHAN

Al,

I am working on the same problem. I have tried verious firmewares up to
    NAS-BASIC45, LOADER 68. The all use the RDC chips, so you can change the firmware without any problem, just need the right loader.

I only have problems with image backups, but notwith file backups.

Also, when backup via the LAN the backups seams to work, but validation via LAN fails. However I can validate the same exact backup done via LAN through USB and is works.

I could even validate a backup done via USB through the LAN.

Stephan

5. STEPHAN

Also, I use Version 9.1 of the backup software.

Do you have any timeout set for the Landrive ?

6. al_man

al_man Registered Member

Stephan,
    I have not set a timeout for the LANDrive. I am using V9.0 of True Image. Where are you getting the loader and firmware updates from? When I go to the Landrive site, I don't see any firmware downloads at all. I googled and can find lots of NAS firmware updates, but I'm not sure if they will work with the Landrive.

I appreciate your feedback.
    Al

7. STEPHAN

so its V9.0 not V8.0 as in your first post ?

They all use the same chipset, for me they all worked and I tried many.

8. STEPHAN

9. al_man

al_man Registered Member

Bummer. Updated the fimware to NAS40 with no change in the original problem. Tried another update to NAS45 and halfway through the update, things went south (not a power issue since I was plugged into a UPS). Looks like the firmware is scrambled as I can't connect to the unit either on the LAN or USB. Looks like I'm out of business until I can get the circuit board reflashed.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello al_man,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect the following information:

1) The exect vendor and model of the Lan Drive you use;

2) Windows System Information;

3) The log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Also please try to create the image to a local hard drive, copy the image archive to the LAN drive and after that thy to verify the archive or/and restore individual files from it. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello STEPHAN,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)?

Please collect the log file from Acronis True Image that contains the error message. To do that follow the procedure described in the post above.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. al_man

al_man Registered Member

Stephan
    While searching the web for repair information for the LANDrive, I discovered a better solution. It is called SimpleShare Office Stroage Server from SimpleTech. It does everything that the LANDrive does except act as an FTP server. But SimpleShare supports NTFS files so there is no 4GB file size limitation as with LANDrive. And, most important of all, setup was a snap, even without installing their "easy installation" software AND no problem using it with True Image. I was running a backup within 5 minutes of opening the box.

As an added bonus, SimpleTech seems to be a real, honest to goodness, company with tech support (free and unlimited) that you can actually get a hold of! If I can get the LANDrive running, it is going on eBay. If not, I may just take the 250MB hard drive out and use it in the SimpleShare, as I got the 160MB unit.

13. STEPHAN

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

I paid 52 USD for the station and bought my own harddrive, so I did not loose a lot of money ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.