NETSTER

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ruemonkee, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruemonkee

ruemonkee Registered Member

My spybot programme has discovered that malware by the name of NETSTER has installed itself on my system. Having read all the threads in regard to NETSTER I gather it is designed with the intention of being installed covertly (without the users permission)and intentionally configured to be difficult to remove. I am a very amateur technophobic pc user with little or none of the techno geek knowledge or jargon about me. Can someone please inform me in PLAIN ENGLISH (US OR UK) how to remove this uninvited NETSTER pest?

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

You can try following the manual removal instructions here:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/n/netster_smart_browse_toolbar.asp .

If you're not technically competent enough to use those, perhaps you have a friend/family-member who can?

Please note that all three fields on that page ("Unregister DLL's", "Clean Registry" and "Remove Files") are scrollable - right-click in them, choose "Select All", then "Copy" and print them out before starting.

You say "My spybot programme has discovered.." - what, exactly, is the complete name of the "spybot program" you're referring to? Is it the latest version of that program? Is it updated with the latest definitions?

Otherwise, try following the step-by-step instructions here: DSL Reports "Security" forum link. .

HTH (and good luck). Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.