Netscape ready to launch antiphishing browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Hi ;)
    Interesting. Although very satisfied with Opera, I'll probably try the final Netscape when launched, just to see what it has...
    Good thing to have several top-class browsers to choose from on the market. The customers benefit.
    Cheers

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yes, the new Netscape is very interesting. It actually has both the Microsoft Trident engine and the Mozilla Gecko engine; you can switch on the fly or configure a particular website to always open with whichever one that you prefer. I played with the beta for a while and it was quite fun ... now if only they would approve the appearance giving it a different skin and get rid of the ugly greenish blue or blueish green ...

Acadia

4. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Hi
    Just to make sure: both engines do ship inside Netscape, right? Or is Netscape using the IE engine already present on one's system?

Asking, because I eradicated IExplorer and several related components from my system a long time ago using XPLite...

Also, the IExplorer engine is not the main source of IExplorer security flaws, or is it? I mean, it's more in the nature of activex, security concepts and zones, and so on ?! Or does Netscape ship with security flaws related to the IEx engine it contains?

Sorry to be so ignorant on this matter...
    Thanks

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Actually the default engine is the FireFox engine but you can switch at any time. I do not know if Netscape uses the IE engine that is already installed on your system or comes with its own; interesting question.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.