Netropa DellTouch Blue Screen

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Netropa's MMKEYBD.EXE and OSD.EXE are used for Dell's Enhanced Keyboards with media buttons. The two executables stay in memory. When adding these two executables to ProcessGuard and on system reboot, Windows XP-SP1 Home will load, start to activate programs, flash a BSOD, and reboot again and again and again.

I can delay MMKEYBD.EXE startup, say 5 seconds, using StartupDelayer and the system will boot up fine with no problems.

Do you want me to e-mail you these two executables for evaluation?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi siliconman01, Hmm not sure why you would want to protect these files woth PG?

Usually you only need to protect the main OS files & any applications that is allowed in your firewall rules.

I use System Safety Monitor for general protection.

Jason may be interested in why these file cause a problem, so yes please send them to support@diamondcs.com.au for the attention of Jason and he may be able to throw some light on the problem :)

HTH Pilli

3. siliconman01

Netropa zip file sent for evaluation, hopefully.

Hmmm...Now I be totally confused about ProcessGuard. I thought it was BEST for protection to add pgms that are sitting in RAM all the time (or frequently) to prevent these pgms from being attacked. MMKEYBD and OSD sit in memory and occupy RAM all the time.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

siliconman01, I beleive most Trojans aim for specific targets such as well known windows files, AV's & ATs, firewalls etc. So to close them the Trojan can then do it's work without hinderence and without the user knowing.

5. siliconman01

ahhh, okay. However, just to be truly safe, it is best to protect everything. I mean there may be a Dell hater/hacker out there that is looking for MMKEYBD.EXE! :mad: :D

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I think you might notice that though ;)

Paranoia rules :D

Happy New Year! We are about to party!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.