Netgear WGR614 -strange filering

Discussion in 'hardware' started by act8192, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

When an Android 3.1 tablet thingie connects (on demand) by WI-FI (not phone) to Android marketpace. All kinds of tracking and ad sites come into play. The ones we normally block in HOSTS and other methods on Windows PCs.

I added to the Netgear614 filter sites and filter keywords both "analytics" and "[www.google-analytics.com" to make sure both get whacked.

(1) Router is like a sieve. Typical pair of log entries
    [Site blocked: www.google-analytics.com] from source (tablet ip), Wednesday, Oct 19,2011 21:33:51
    [Site allowed: www.google-analytics.com] from source (tablet IP), Wednesday, Oct 19,2011 21:32:56
    This pair appears all along as I browse that marketplace - it allows, it blocks, it allows, it blocks, what's going on? Did it connect to analytics or did it not connect to analytics?

(2) I also see this kind of entries on and off:
    [DoS attack: FIN Scan] attack packets in last 20 sec from ip [74.125.113.138], Wednesday, Oct 19,2011 21:35:07
    What's that all about? Google CIDR is 74.125.0.0/16 - what was it scanning?

Can't get into that tablet. There's no TCPview, firewall log, to look at, nothing. All locked up. And connecting to the entire universe.

To moderators - if this belongs in the firewalls or some other place, please move, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.