Netgear RangeMax Router (how to reset?)

Discussion in 'hardware' started by fce, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

I downloaded and upload firmware update for my Netgear router. The problem is its for different Netgear model. :mad:

I do hard reset (20sec hold reset button, unplug 20sec still pressing the reset button and another 20sec to turn on the power while holding the reset button) still i can't get wireless connection.

Supposedly the wireless indicator will light on the router but it didn't show the light on wireless indicator, it only show the power indicator and the other one (not the wireless indicator)

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I would suggest connect your ethernet cable to connect,Log into the router and Default it back to factory settings, then reconfigure it and its security level.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

"problem is its for different Netgear model" Are you saying you flashed it with the wrong firmware? That could be a showstopper right there...you probably have a paperweight that looks like a router right now.

Most routers have a safeguard in their firmware upload utility, which prevents flashing with incorrect firmware. Since you say you flashed it with the wrong firmware, did you see some message that stopped you? Or..did it appear to complete the upgrade process?

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

It is probably a brick. Or as YeOldeStonecat said, paperweight.

The firmware is what creates factory default settings. The default IP address, password and some other much more technical info. contained with in the ROM. Changing this info with an incorrect flash will pretty much toast the router. The reset will not revert the the new flashed firmware to the old.

You may find assistance on the net by doing a google for "unbricking a netgear router".

It can be done with a Linksys. Do`t ask me how I know. :oops:

5. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks!

it works.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

your welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.