Netgear NASDUO not recognised

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ceeldee, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

Hi, I have just installes Paragon Backup Security Suite 10. The initial System Backup tells me my Netgear NAS has insufficient space although there is over 600gb available. The Drive Backup does not show my network attached storage. What a disappointment I bought Paragon because it worked with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit (so they said) and it said it stored to network drives. Lastly the download and burn WinPe utility hangs when it gets to "burning CD".

Not Happy any thoughts ?

2. ceeldee

Some progress System Backup indicates no location found on startup and only offers a USB choice to select a location. BUT if I try a manual system backup and specify location \\Device\Share\Folder it finds my NAS and I can do a Backup. The archives seem OK because I can Browse the contents in Drive Backup. It does mean no automatic backup is possible. The other peeve is I cannot seem to submit a support request . Maybe this forum is the only support facility ? Any thoughts on enabling auto backup.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ceeldee,

If for whatever reason you can't get Paragon to recognize your mapped NAS or it's reading it incorrectly, you can always setup a backup, edit the backup script, and change the local path to a UNC path.

So from your "Archive" tab, right-click the scheduled task, "edit script"

For example, change:

// Backup
    img = "C:/arc_Sample/arc_080509153054781/arc_080509153054781_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)$(DAY).PBF"

to

// Backup
    img = "\\Device\Share\Folder\arc_080509153054781_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)$(DAY).PBF"

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

4. ceeldee

Not sure I follow you Paragon Tommy. Here is a screen shot when system backup initiates.

Scrn4.jpg

When you try and select a location you only get USB Options.

Scrn5.jpg

I cannot see any "archive" tab.

I can do a system backup from the Managing Snapshots Tab and having specified my NAS location the first time, it is remembered and proceeds fine without me having to reenter the Nas location.

Scrn6.jpg

5. ceeldee

Further to the above Paragon Tommy . It means I cannot have an Automatic Backup because initiation cannot be set to recognise my NAS. Am I missing somthing ?

6. Paragon_Tommy

Hello Ceeldee,

I apologize about the confusion. With Backup & Recovery 10 Suite, there's two components: BR10 & System Backup. The interface you're looking at is System Backup - much simpler and minimal user participation. If you find yourself limited, I would recommend using Backup & Recovery 10 Suite component instead.

You should an icon in your Start > Programs call "Backup and Recovery 10" which links to this file >

C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Suite\program2\launcher.exe

Once you learn how to use the full scale program, it's hard to go back to System Backup. To disable the System Backup component: Start > Run > "msconfig" > Startup tab > and uncheck "dbhagent.exe"

My previous post should make more sense now. Good luck.

7. Paragon_Tommy

To comment on your screenshot:

If your NAS is already mapped, use "Folder on a local or network disk" instead, unless your NAS mapped drive letter changes often and you schedule backup tasks.

8. ceeldee

PT ,
    File Transfer DOES NOT WORK in the WIN PE Recovery Environment with a NAS,

File Transfer DOES MOT WORK in the WIN PE Recovery FULL PRO Environment

File Transfer DOES NOT WORK in the Windows 7 SYSTEM BACKUP Suite,

File Transfer DOES NOT WORK in the Windows 7 DRIVE BACKUP Suite.

If you think does try it.

In the WIN PE environment you configure the network and map the drive OK(this works).

In the Windows 7 environment the NAS Drive is alwas mapped at startup to the same drive letter

In all cases a mapped NAS Drive (Same letter every time.) does NOT show in the source list of File Transfer so you cannot select it.

In the Windows 7 environment you cant map it because its already mapped at startup. You get the error shown in the screenshot in both systems.

The Drive Backup and Drive Restore work fine in all environments for my NAS.Archives verify OK in Full Pro environment. Looking forward to some fixes.

I am assuming you work for Paragon and this is the replacement for the now non existent complimentary EMail Support Requests.

Regards Chris

9. Paragon_Tommy

I see that you can map the NAS in File Transfer Wizard, then explore the NAS, but if you had mapped the NAS in Windows and assigned it letter X, we don't see that as a mapped drive in File Transfer Wizard. So when FTW and Win 7 map drives, it's not seeing each others. Let me forward this to our devs and see what happens.

It looks like it's a Windows 7 issue only. With XP, we're able to mapped either direction, and it becomes a permanent mapped drive.

10. ceeldee

We are not quite on the same page. When I choose File Transfer in Windows 7 my NAS is not on the list of local drives and and is not shown under network. Therefore I cannot map or access my NAS in File Transfer. This not a problem however for Backups or Restores. This leads me to believe you have implemented the File Transfer code differently to the Backup and Restore code. Of course it is a Windows 7 (and probably Vista problem ) There is no point checking anything in XP. If you havent got XP problems fixed by now you never will.

I installed your software on my wifes XP machine which is on our network and everything works, File Transfer works ,my NAS shows on the network as you say.

I am having the same problem in the Win PE environment as well.I 'll try the other Recovery Offering.

regards

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.