netdc.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nevercanlogin, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm still seeing the modified .ini entry for Explorer pointing to netdc.exe on Hijackthis! logs everywhere.I'm really curious about this one.Has anyone ever found a solution that works?

Remember,newbies have to be able to understand it,so any complicated registry modifications are out...so is unhiding the damn thing via commandline I guess.

I'm not refering to Dumaru nor any of the Trojans and viruses that add netdc.exe plus others as part of their payload.This one is a lone entry-netdc.exe..

Any thoughts?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I did a search. Have you seen this?

"What you need to do also in safe mode is removing the hidden startup entry 'netdc.exe'(Start\Run\All Programs\Startup).

http://tinyurl.com/3oo2j

3. thatwasme

thatwasme Guest

Thanks..I just tried the link,but cannot connect to unicyclist.com.My browser doesn't permit redirects,but thanks for trying.

All the searches I do on this one seem to be dead ends.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. cheersm8

cheersm8 Guest

That was helpful in that I now realise netdc.exe is the residue of a previous,improperly cleaned virus/trojan.

So,essentially,a crash course in registry editing and commandline trouble-shooting is still the order of the day.Poor things!

Thanks for that Ronjor.It's amazing how the more things change,the more they stay the same.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It's a jungle out there!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.