Netcraft Launches Anti-Phishing Mobile App

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by ronjor, Jan 28, 2019.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

By Eduard Kovacs on January 28, 2019

2. guest

guest Guest

Testing it but I barely encounter suspicious sites in a real world situation.
    Let see with time.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

They want to much money for the Mobile ..... I must have made a mistake because the Mobil app only costs $6.00 a year i found out after i installed it. Sounds good to me so i just bought a year subscription for it. The Chrome Extension looks like it is free.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. guest

guest Guest

More protections have been added to the extension.

Netcraft Anti-Phishing Extension for Firefox v1.15.1 (September 2019) (AMO) (Version History)
    Also available for Chrome, Edge, Opera, iOS, etc. : https://toolbar.netcraft.com/install
    Yes, this is the extension which has been mentioned in #1 :)
    Protection against malicious Javascript has been added last month.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2019
  6. Dragon1952

What's new in v1.15.0
    • Added more protections against malicious JavaScript
    • Added protections against malware

7. Rasheed187

It would be interesting to know if Netcraft could have stopped this latest attack. I assume this Netcraft app works pro-actively without the need to update any signature list? But anyway, it's probably best to stop using creditcards for online payments, they are just not secure enough.

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendla...mobile-users-of-hotel-chain-booking-websites/

8. Dragon1952

Protection against malicious JavaScript — Prevent your credit card details from being stolen by shopping site skimmers or your computer's processing power being harvested by web miners. Netcraft has been detecting shopping site skimmers, web miners, and other malicious JavaScript since 2017. The extension blocks sites that we have found to be compromised with malicious JavaScript. Additionally, it detects JavaScript that we have identified as being malicious, blocks pages that use it from loading, and automatically reports them to Netcraft to protect the rest of the community.

9. Rasheed187

Apparently they crawl the web to search for infected sites. So I'm guessing they can recognize certain modifications to websites. And keep in mind, the Netcraft app and extension are two diffent things but they both do the same I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.