Net Use Command And Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cfaice, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfaice

cfaice Registered Member

I've been using Acronis True Image for personal use for many years now, and I am now looking to use it in a place of work.

In order to make the imaging process as stream line as possible, I need to map network drives (which are also username / password protected).

Is it at all possible to use the "net use" command and provide a username / password, so that once Acronis True Image has loaded, the mapped drives are pretty much a single click away?

Cheers.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The answer is yes. Here is a sample from a batch file I use with V9: net use "\\Gateway\firewire" Password /user:Username.

3. cfaice

cfaice Registered Member

How are you running the batch file with Acronis?

I'm looking at creating the rescue media, booting from that and having the mapped drives available from within the recovery console?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I'm running it as Pre/Post command under windows. You can't run a batch file using the rescue CD. You can specify the path \\servername\filename and then enter the username and password using the rescue cd but not automatically. I haven't done it using the rescue cd so I don't know if you get prompted for the password or not.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cfaice,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that drive mapping only exists in Windows environment under a particular account. The standalone version of Acronis True Image (full) operates in Linux environment and therefore cannot use Windows mapped drives. Please use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.