Net Medic with Port Explorer

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Nick Lui, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Lui

Nick Lui Guest

I have Net Medic Ver 1.2.2 setting up in the corner of my screen to monitor internet activity. When its to active when its not suppose to be I Cntrl-Alt-Del (screen) and bring all activity to a halt, and also see whats running, may even pull phone plug or shut off cable modem.

What I would like to know is can Port Explorer coexist with Net Medic, and if not does Port Explorer have a nice little monitor screen similiar to Net Medic that can be stuck up in corner of screen.

Curious

Nick Lui

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hithere,
    you best d/l the trial to see if you like them working together, and PE can be minimized tro systray, hovering over it shows you the sockets, with one click it'slarge again.

3. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:DHi Jooske!
    Maybe this is not correct? I have a similar program with RR that allows me to save browser settings, release IP, and monitors IP activity somewhat. I'm thinking about loading PE but I'm not sure where this Q should go.
    o_ODoes PE need to be on the Main PC or can I load it on the wireless and still have it work properly?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Valkyri001, I am guessing that you are talking about if you are using Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in which case PE will be fine on the main PC. However, if you are using a cable ADSL router then you will need PE on both machines wireless or wired. :)

HTH Pilli

5. Valkyri001

:)Ok! I have it on the wireless remote right now, already figured out a no-no, The main PC has XPpro, this one is 98se, as far as not being very inteligent yet as to how or what to monitor, it does not appear to conflict with RR medic. It does appear to not see the Hardwired next to me, could this be MY settings? IPconfig see's all three machines.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

If you click the Remote tab You should see mainly processes atached to your LocalHost Using the remote tab you will see just ports that are open either to your other PC or to the Internet.
    You will see by my screenshot below that svchost, local host are connected to my router - remote address 192.168.2.1 (which is a private address)
    You will also see that CryptoSuite is remotely connected to an IP address which is a CS chat server, notice it is in red as because CS is in the system tray ie. no open window it is seen as "hidden" by PE. This is to make easy for you to see if for instance a Trojan or other malware is connected out.

Now read the help file and the information posted in the Port Explorer forum and I am sure you will soon begin to grasp how PE works and what it can do.

Below this you will see Kerio 4 logging the exchange of packets :)

Attached Files:

7. Valkyri001

:)OoK! I'll try that! Thank you! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.