net bios setting

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by jon_fl, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I'm sure it was covered before, but what are the settings for net bios/internet setting? If you have to put in an address...where? What about the other unchecked items besides the ones already changed and activated per Phantom's instructions? :doubt:

2. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

For those members who have LNS, how do you have ?NetBIOS set up in Internet Filtering? Is it on? Is it off? Do you have an address anywhere? I'm talking about using Phant0m's rules.

3. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Someone?? Anyone?? NetBIOS...On...Off?? Help?? :D

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

You would require NetBIOS rules if you are doing file/printer sharing on a LAN. In this case it would be retricted the LAN subnet only.

Regards,

CrazyM

5. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thank You Crazy M. :)

6. Just to keep safe as possible, keep the rule on block in case you got some parasite on your PC that is invisible and trying to use that service. Safest is to lock everything down and unlock only what you need. And even then unlock the bare minimum for security

7. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

So, do you enable the rule but keep it blocked?

8. I'd enable the rule, having it blocked with all ports and IPs blocked.
    Enable it only if you need to use it normally. This is just my opinion, and there may be others that have knowledge to the contrary that i'm unaware of. But I believe that by blocking this, I leave one less inbound or outbound channel channel open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.