Nero's DVD-RW & InCD Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cityman, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cityman

cityman Registered Member

i am trying to use DVD-RW and InCD.

i was using nero v6.6.14 and InCD-4.3.23.2.

when using version 6, i was able to format incd with no problem. then all of a sudden i was unable to write to my computer's dvd- Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D. I was using Verbatim DVD-RW with no problem.

i can use my dvd with other programs with no problems- but with Nero i had the problems.

so i decided to upgrade to Nero Premium v. 7.5.1.1. so first, i deleted using Nero 6 general clean tools.

then i load ver 7.5.1.1. everything works but now i cannot format or read/write dvd-rw. or format to InCD with dvd-rw. i can read/write CD-R and DVD-R using Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM.

any idea what to do? i just do not know what to do.

thanks in advance

2. cityman

nero seems to have a very bad bug. i am not sure how it works. i went to their official website forum and there are many complaints about InCD. so very relunctantly i may have to look at roxio as a replacement. i wish there was a way but there only 3 ways i can think of - 1- to format the hard drive or 2- use version Nero 7 and version InCD 4.3.23.2 (which is an older version); or 3 -use nero's clean tools and incd clean tools and wipe everything that is nero off the registry.

does anyone else have a suggestion? how is roxio?

3. cityman

Problem with InCD? I was using Nero 6 and InCd 4.3.23.2. and afew days ago i was having problems with InCD. so i installed and used Nero's clean tools and upgraded to version 7. it did not work at all. more problems with InCD.

anyway, i found a remedy that worked for me. surprise. i went to control panel, adminstration tools, services and IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service. it was on "manual". i changed it to "disable". it worked for the longest time before this way.

then i went and got a fresh copy of wnaspi32.dll from nero's website and re-installed it. it was the same file but newer.

i rebooted and InCD works like a charm.

hope this helps someone.

i do not know if it will work for others but it did for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.