Nero MediaHome 4 & Eset Firewall 4.2.40 setup help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Neurot, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neurot

Neurot Registered Member

The only way i can seem to get Nero MediaHome to work & connect & detect my DLNA devices is to disable the firewall. ? anyone know the setup to get this to work without taking down the firewall.
    I've tried a few things but no luck. right now when i want to stream to my TV , I'm disabling eset firewall. enabling windows firewall & running MediaHome. i rather not have to do that & use eset alone

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Neurot

Neurot Registered Member

I've tried learning mode already & still no luck.
    with the firewall enabled , learning mode or not . nero is showing me my devices are offline, all blocked i assume. with the firewall disabled , all my devices show up in nero along with their IP addresses (assigned by my router) instead of saying "offline"
    not quite sure of all neros ports & such to make appropriate rules for the learning mode, because i'm not sure its making enough rules to allow the traffic to broadcast or stream or any info coming back from my router. i just dont know enough about nero mediahome to figure out what i need to allow or not. I just am not comfortable enough messing with the firewall expert settings. ill leave it on auto
    i guess for now i'll manually enable/disable when i want to stream to my TV. and check out what the log is saying later on. but i'm a trial & error hack at this. i need some pro instructions.

i've read an older post about a ps3 having the same issues & there was no answer there either.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please post here the relevant firewall log records as suggested here:
    If a specific communication is blocked, enable logging of all blocked communication per the instructions here and here. The firewall log will show details about the rule that blocked the communication and thus will give you a clue what rule needs to be adjusted. If you're unable to make the necessary rule adjustment yourself, provide the pcap log, firewall log as well as the program configuration (Tools -> Export/Import configuration) to a trained support personnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.