Nero 7 Ultra Edition... Good or not?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I've been using Nero 6 for awhile now... thinking about buying Nero 7. Is it any good?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

like true image 9, nero 7 has had a rough start. i feel the latest nero 7 (v7.0.8.2) is good for at least data cd and dvd.

to be safe, id stick with nero 6 unless u need/want blu-ray burning or until several more builds of nero 7 come out.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I wasn't very impressed with Nero 7, it really wasn't very different from 6. Unless it has specific features that you need, I'd stick with 6 because it's very much the same.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

What about InCD 5?

I gave up on Nero 6/InCD 4 back in Feb 2004 due to the frequent, and buggy, updates. Perhaps, releases of Nero 6/InCD 4 since Feb 2004 have improved things.

Has Ahead learned its lesson with Nero 7 and InCD 5?

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

idk, i only use nero burning rom and deselect everything else on install

6. Howard Kaikow

I only used Packages 1 and 3 in Nero 6, i.e., Nero and InCD.
    Packet writing is very important, especially to me, as I was one of the architects of ISO/IEC 13346.

7. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am still using Nero 6 and it serves me well. Haven't tried yet v7 but I think it's has some upgrade not available in older version. Still, I don't have plans to upgrade to newer version, not unless it gives me some errors and some incompatibilities to my present system.

8. Howard Kaikow

Which version of Nero 6?
    Which version of InCD?

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Packet writing, like InCD (Nero) or DirectCD (Roxio) would be my very last choice to write objects on CD's. Too many bad experiences. Burning on CD is more reliable.
    Using CD/DVD's as backup method for a harddisk is even more risky and irresponsible IMO, unless you like to lose your data.

Use CD/DVD to store stuff that belongs on CD/DVD, like music, photos, movies, ... that can be used on other equipment.

10. Howard Kaikow

The implementations of ISO/IEC 13346 are awful.
    If you fokes really knew how badly, and why, certain standards have been implemented, there would either be a mass revolution or the shock would cause lots of heart attacks.

Similar incompetence was exhibited in the early years of High Sierra and ISO 9660.

I need to be able to use CD-RW as a replacement for a ZIP drive.
    My recollection is that Windows Vista was supposed to suppot native packet writing. We can only hope that MSFT did this and got it right.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Let's hope, but I learned my lessons with CD/DVD's.
    Losing music, photos and movies isn't a disaster for me, but if I would lose a spreadsheet, a collection of years of work, that would damage my job.
    Some documents, I don't want to lose at all, I print on paper, which is still the safest way to store data because it has no technical failures. :)

12. Notok

Notok Registered Member

As long as you verify the burn and avoid burning multiple tracks it should be alright. Burning data files and applications on CD/DVD has served me well for many years now, as long as I verified the burn (which Nero can do automatically, but otherwise using the freeware CD-Check) and made sure to get everything in one track (ie, not adding more to the same disk later).

13. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

6 still works great here (I only use it for cd/dvd back ups).
    7 is not worth the price of upgrade (unless free).

14. charincol

charincol Registered Member

I'm using it but only installed Burning Rom and Vision and it works good for me. As Notok said, it's not much different but I wanted a few plugins I couldn't find in 6.

15. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I'm thinking of upgrading to Nero 7 also. I recently bought and installed a NEC DVD burner, but it only came with Nero 6 OEM suite of applications. I couldn't even watch a DVD movie using it!! And, I couldn't use it to burn my camcorder videos to DVD's!! I had to purchase a DVD plug-in for $24.99 just to be able to do those things. However, my video editing is still limited, so I was thinking of upgrading to the full version, but then my money I spent on the dvd plug-in goes to waste! I e-mailed Nero to see if they would refund my money i spent on the plug-in so i could buy the full version ,,,or if they could reduce my price for the full version to allow for the money i already gave them for the dvd plug-in. Well, I'll have to wait and see what they say.

16. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I got a 60% off coupon from Nero to buy ver7 so I took it. They`ve updated it a few times now and I think they`ll get it right soon. Overall it`s working pretty good...on my machine anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.