Nero 7 annoyance-Please help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Hi - I just installed Nero 7 essentials. Now everytime I play a Windows Media File I get this ULTRA annoying Nero pop up window saying "Application Not Startable" "Your serial number does not allow to start this application" This window has a field for the serial #, but when I put it in it says "the serial number is already stored on your system & you can not use the same serial number twice". Would greatly appreciate some help! Thank you, Deca

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

You have ran into the same thing I did. I sent an email to Ahead nearly 2 weeks ago with similar questions and it has gone unanswered.

I finally tired of the baloney and removed Nero (it takes several tools you must download from their site. You CANNOT properly uninstall Nero without those tools.) I purchased the Ashampoo burning suite and downloaded both the standard K-Lite Codec pack (with Media Player Lite) and the Quintessential Player for playback.

My 2 cents... :)

3. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi Han - Misery loves company - thanks for your post. I actually just figured it out - maybe it will help you. I only wanted 1 thing - the Nero Express for Hard Drive to DVD writing, the other 30 programs are meaningless to me, but the install CD was so different than anything else I ever used - at first I didn't see how to do it, but I poked around with it & got it to install just the 1 program I wanted & poof - everything is good again. Hope this might help. Happy holidays, Deca :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.