Nero 7 annoyance-Please help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Hi - I just installed Nero 7 essentials. Now everytime I play a Windows Media File I get this ULTRA annoying Nero pop up window saying "Application Not Startable" "Your serial number does not allow to start this application" This window has a field for the serial #, but when I put it in it says "the serial number is already stored on your system & you can not use the same serial number twice". Would greatly appreciate some help! Thank you, Deca

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

You have ran into the same thing I did. I sent an email to Ahead nearly 2 weeks ago with similar questions and it has gone unanswered.

I finally tired of the baloney and removed Nero (it takes several tools you must download from their site. You CANNOT properly uninstall Nero without those tools.) I purchased the Ashampoo burning suite and downloaded both the standard K-Lite Codec pack (with Media Player Lite) and the Quintessential Player for playback.

My 2 cents... :)

3. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Hi Han - Misery loves company - thanks for your post. I actually just figured it out - maybe it will help you. I only wanted 1 thing - the Nero Express for Hard Drive to DVD writing, the other 30 programs are meaningless to me, but the install CD was so different than anything else I ever used - at first I didn't see how to do it, but I poked around with it & got it to install just the 1 program I wanted & poof - everything is good again. Hope this might help. Happy holidays, Deca :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.